Three Phases of Study
- Students spend their first college year at one of Global Leaders and Scholars’ two global locations — the prestigious ENCU campus in Shanghai or the CIEE Global Institute in Berlin — immersed in the rich history and culture of the host city, while following an academically rigorous program of study.
- The following summer they continue their studies in the U.S. at Clark University, in Worcester, Mass.
- Students then pursue the balance of their undergraduate degree at Clark, studying business, the humanities, or science.
What Makes Global Leaders and Scholars Different?
For the Student:
- Builds confidence in English, academics, and the ability to succeed in an American classroom
- Provides practical, career-focused learning, academic support and advising, and real-world internship opportunities
- Develops a social and academic network of peers and alumni from around the world, including U.S. students studying abroad
- Guarantees admission with sophomore standing to Clark University in the U.S. upon successful completion of the one year program
- Eases transition to the U.S. by maintaining student peers when study moves to the Clark campus
- Simplifies a family’s college search while allowing student to explore academics and global culture
- Eliminates the pressures and anxiety of the typical college application process
- Offers a mission-focused program run by a non-profit university that puts the best interests of students and families first
Your Path to a Bachelor’s Degree in the U.S.
1. Start in Berlin or Shanghai
Students begin their Global Leaders and Scholars college experience in a world-class host city — either in Berlin at the CIEE Global Institute or in Shanghai at the prestigious ECNU campus. Each campus offers ample opportunity to connect with other students from around the world and the United States. Students participate in a full schedule of shared academic, social, and career activities, including excursions to local historic and cultural attractions, as well as social and networking events on campus and beyond.
Program locations provide modern accommodations that include a secure campus with 24/7 support, resident advisers, contemporary double rooms with private bath, shared or in-room kitchens with stove and fridge, available laundry facilities, wi-fi, and more.
2. Transition to Clark University in America
After students complete two semesters in Berlin or Shanghai, they arrive with their peer group in America for summer study at Clark University in Worcester, Mass. The summer program provides continued English language instruction and immersion in American culture to prepare students for academic success and social integration into the United States.
Students then complete sophomore through senior years at Clark University, earning a degree in business, the humanities, or science.
3. Earn Your Degree the American Way
Students pursue degrees in business, the humanities, or science at Clark University. All programs are taught in the American classroom style and are infused with English language learning. In addition, students are prepared for career success through academic support and career advising, career exploration and work experience with U.S. employers, job shadowing opportunities, and alumni networking events.
The Global Leaders and Scholars Program is for select international students, providing a pathway to a U.S. degree at Clark University. All courses are taught in the American classroom style and infused with English language learning.