Make your first semester everything you want it to be; start preparing now for your academic life at Clark by completing these important tasks during May, June and July.
- Submit your Writing Sample. This is a requirement for all first-year students, even if you have AP or college credit. The due date for the Writing Sample is June 5, but you should do it as soon as possible.
- Fill out the Academic Adviser Information Form, due July 3.
- Familiarize yourself with Clark's course requirements by completing the online Summer Advising & Registration Tutorial, available beginning June 19. Many of your questions about these requirements can also be answered by reading about the Program of Liberal Studies, and majors and minors.
- Once you have completed the Summer Advising & Registration Tutorial, you'll be prompted to set up an appointment with your summer adviser. Advising appointments will be held between July 10 and July 31.
- In preparation for this appointment, you should review the Fall Semester Course Offerings and make preliminary course selections. For advice about balancing your courses and meeting Clark's requirements, check out "The Blue Book: Academic Advising Handbook," which is posted on the Academic Advising website. Consider making a list of questions for your advising appointment.
- Your summer adviser will give you permission to register for fall courses. Course Registration information will be available here and on ClarkYOU.
June 5, 2017
Writing Sample due
June 19, 2017
Summer Advising & Registration Tutorial becomes available online
July 3, 2017
Faculty Adviser Form is due
July 10 - July 31, 2017
Advising appointments and registration