GETTING STARTED OVER THE SUMMER
Make your first semester everything you want it to be. Start preparing for your academic life at Clark by completing these important tasks during May, June and July.
- Submit your Writing Sample. This is a requirement for all first-year students, even if you have AP or college credit. The due date for the Writing Sample is June 8, but you should do it as soon as possible. Learn more, then log in to begin.
- Fill out the Academic Adviser Information Form, due July 1. Learn more, then log in to fill out the form.
- Familiarize yourself with Clark's course requirements by completing the online Summer Advising & Registration Tutorial, available beginning June 29. Many of your questions about these requirements can also be answered by reading about the Program of Liberal Studies, and majors and minors.
- Once you have completed the Summer Advising & Registration Tutorial, you'll be prompted to set up an appointment with your Summer Adviser. Advising appointments will be held between July 13 and July 31.
- In preparation for this appointment, you should review the Fall Semester Course Offerings and make preliminary course selections. The Blue Book: Academic Advising Handbook, for advice about balancing your courses and meeting Clark's requirements, is posted online in the Academic Advising website. Consider making a list of questions for your advising appointment.
- Your Summer Adviser will give you permission to register for fall courses. Course Registration information will be available here and on ClarkYOU.