Clark University Group Visits
Guidelines & Expectations
Clark University is pleased to offer Group Visit Experiences throughout the school year to schools and organizations visiting with groups of 10-50 students. We welcome groups of high school students during our academic semesters (September-April) and groups of all ages during the summer. Group Visit Experiences are offered on weekdays at 10am and 1:30pm, and consist of a campus tour and an optional 30 minute information session conducted by an Admissions staff member or a Clark University student admissions representative.
To request a Group Visit Experience, please fill out our Request Form at least 3 weeks prior to the day you would like to visit.
By requesting a Group Visit Experience, you and your students are agreeing to the following set of guidelines:
PREPARATION: In order to make your visit most productive for your students, some advance preparation is strongly encouraged. These are among the considerations you should keep in mind:
- Group leaders should provide their students with a basic orientation to the college experience before arriving on campus
- Behavioral expectations should be made clear to students in advance of their visit to campus
- Students should prepare written questions in advance in preparation for their visit
- Clear expectations surrounding the desired outcomes to be gained from a visit should be shared with visiting students
EXPECTATIONS: There are also some basic requirements associated with a Clark Group Visit Experience. These are designed to ensure that your visit is meaningful and does not disrupt the flow of campus activity:
- Ensure that students participating in a visit to Clark University have genuine interest in Clark and in learning about college
- Provide at least one chaperone per every 10 students.
- Chaperones should be actively engaged in the visit. They should encourage student participation and monitor student behavior.
- Visitors should be respectful of students, faculty, staff, presenters, and the Clark campus community at all times.
- Be on time. A 15 minute grace period will be offered to groups who may be running late for any reason. After this time, we cannot guarantee that a tour guide will be available. If that is the case, we will happily provide you with self-guided tour information.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and allows us to continue to offer successful and enjoyable Group Visit Experiences.