With a B.A. major in international development and social change, you’ll receive a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that can be applied to a wide range of fields, from international development, communications, and law to advocacy and public service. You also will be prepared for graduate study.
Undergraduate Student Outcomes
What can I do with a B.A. degree in international development and social change?
- Government (local, state, and federal)
- Middle and high school teaching
- Public policy research
- Public relations and marketing
- International development
- Nonprofit administration
- Grant writing
- Lobbying and public policy advocacy
- University teaching and research
Where do Clark international development and social change majors and minors intern?
- Worcester Refugee Assistance Project
- NOAA’s National Weather Service and Office for Coastal Management
- U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Office of Partnerships and Public Engagement
- The Hunger Project
- Harvard Medical School
- Forest Foundation
- Upstander Project
- AIDS Project Worcester
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
- US-ASEAN Business Council
- Save the Children International
Where do Clark international development and social change majors attend graduate school?
- King’s College London
- Clark University
- University of Vermont
- Brandeis University Heller School for Social Policy and Management
- Central European University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Baruch College
- Southern New Hampshire University
- New York University Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
Where do Clark international development and social change alumni work?
- Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance
- College Visions
- Harvard Humanitarian Initiative
- Jiviniti Research/The Virsa Foundation
- Housing Works
- Hunger Free Vermont
- City of Austin
- The World Bank
- SCS Global Services
- World Education
- National Endowment for Democracy
- The Humane Society of America
Career and Internship Opportunities
Clark’s Career Connections Center can help you develop a plan for pursuing your career goals. Also check out ClarkCONNECT, which links you with alumni mentors and employers, and Handshake, Clark’s online job search website.
Clark Funding for Undergraduate Internships and Research
As an undergraduate, you can join faculty and graduate students in their research, or apply for funding to support your own research on a project of your choice.