As a chemistry major, you will explore the structure and properties of matter — the physical “stuff” that makes up our world, ranging from molecular structures and nanoparticles to DNA and high-performance carbon fiber composites. Along the way, you'll experiment with existing substances by modifying their properties or producing new materials to be applied in fields including medicine, biotechnology, aerospace, and wearable electronics.
Why Study Chemistry at Clark?
- Choose from Standard Track or the American Chemical Society (ACS) Certified Track.
- Benefit from many opportunities for one-on-one and small group interactions with faculty.
- Conduct research alongside faculty and doctoral students as early as your first year.
- Use state-of-the-art research equipment, like our NMR spectrometer, normally found only in much larger departments.
- Present your research on campus or at professional conferences.
- Collaborate with faculty members on research articles in mainstream chemistry journals.
- Enjoy the benefits of this STEM-OPT qualifying major (international students).
Work hard and qualify for our accelerated B.A./M.S. program in chemistry with the fifth year tuition-free for qualifying students.