Clark University requires that prior to your departure for your program, you must:
- be a full-time student at Clark for at least one year
- be in good academic and judicial standing
- have a recommended minimum GPA of 3.0
- have declared a major, or be in the process of declaring
- have a passport which is valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended date of return, or be in the process of applying for one (for international programs)
Senior residency requirement and study abroad
Students in their final two, full-time semesters at Clark may study abroad on a Clark-approved program ONLY. Please note that Clark does not generally recommend studying abroad during the second semester of senior year as grades may not come in time for students to walk at commencement.
Final approval of all applications is made by the program overseas; Applications may be rejected for any number of reasons, including space availability.
Requirements While Abroad
- All courses receive letter grades, which show on the Clark transcript and are factored into the overall GPA.
- Students may receive no more than 2 units for an internship and all internships are taken for credit
- Students may not take courses Pass/Fail, and internships MUST be taken pass/fail
- Overloads require special approval from the Dean of Academic Advising
Non-Clark & Summer programs:
- Courses will be taken Pass/Fail; will count towards credit requirements but will not affect GPA
- Only grades of a C or better will transfer
- Must take a leave of absence (not in summer)
- Clark-awarded aid will not travel
- Will count against 100% tuition for 5th year programs