- September 15: For spring programs
- March 1: Fall and full-year programs
- March 15: Summer programs
Before beginning the application process, all students should:
For ALL programs, you must fill out two different applications:
1. Clark-specific approval application (see “How to Apply” section below)
2. Program-specific application for admissions (found on specific study-abroad program websites)
Many of your documents can be used for both applications, and both should be submitted by the Clark deadlines.
How to apply
Fall, full-year and spring application process:
1. Read the instruction sheet on the first page of the application.
2. Meet with your faculty adviser to complete your Course Credit Approval Form.
3. Write a one- to two-page essay (see Instruction Sheet).
4. Pay the application fee.
5. Download your unofficial Clark transcript.
6. Have your resume reviewed by Career Services.
7. Make a copy of passport photo page (valid six months beyond your program end date).
8. Senior Statement (if studying abroad in your senior year)
Summer application process
Ready to apply?
Notification of admission to your program abroad
Notification of Clark's approval to study abroad can be expected within three weeks after submitting a complete application. Notification will be sent via email to your Clark email address.
Host universities or program providers notify students on their official admission to the program, usually via email. Once accepted by your host program, you will receive several emails providing additional information and requesting completion of forms. Submit requested information and forms as soon as possible. Do not wait for deadlines as this can be a problem in the event there are unforeseen delays. After you are admitted to the program abroad, the program becomes your main contact for questions and concerns. The Clark Study Abroad staff is available for support if you need additional assistance.