Before beginning the application process, we encourage you to:
For ALL programs, you must fill out two different applications:
1. Clark-specific approval application (see “How to Apply” section below)
2. Program-specific application for admissions (found on specific study-abroad program websites)
Many of your documents can be used for both applications, and both should be submitted by the Clark deadlines.
For summer, fall, and full-year programs
For spring international programs
For spring domestic programs (Boston and Washington, D.C.)
How to apply
Download and read the full Instruction Sheet (found on the application) BEFORE beginning your application!
Before submitting your application, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Meet with your faculty adviser to complete your Course Credit Approval Form.
2. Write a one- to two-page essay (see Instruction Sheet).
3. Pay the application fee.
4. Download your unofficial Clark transcript.
5. Make sure your name is on each document and submit to Study Abroad with the following forms:
a. Resume (recommended to you visit Career Services for review)
b. Copy of passport photo page (valid six months beyond your program end date)
c. Senior Statement (if studying abroad in your senior year)
d. Language proficiency report copy, if required by your program, should also be submitted with Clark application.
Summer 2018 application (due March 1)
Fall 2018 application (due March 1)
Keep in mind...
- Program-specific requirements should be submitted directly to the program.
- Clark recommends keeping a copy of all approval and application forms and documents.
Notification of admission to your program abroad
Notification of Clark's approval to study abroad can be expected within three within three weeks after submissing a complete application. Notification will be sent via email to your Clark email address.
Host universities or program providers notify students on their official admission to the program, usually via email. Once accepted by your host program, you will receive several emails providing additional information and requesting completion of forms. Submit requested information and forms as soon as possible. Do not wait for deadlines as this can be a problem in the event there are unforeseen delays. After you are admitted to the program abroad, the program becomes your main contact for questions and concerns. The Clark Study Abroad staff is available for support if you need additional assistance.