We will help you create a clear, tailored, and compelling resume and cover letter.
Take a look at the Career Services "how-to" guides for marketing yourself
- Resume (PDF)
- Resume Guide for Incoming Students (PDF)
- Resume Samples for Education, Science & fifth year B.A./M.A. Students (PDF)
- Theatre resume samples from recent graduates and Theatre professionals.
- Cover Letter (PDF) (WEBINAR)
- Student Employment Cover Letter Guide (PDF)
- Preparing a Portfolio (PDF)
- CV (PDF)
Tailor your resume and cover letter to the job or internship posting
Make sure your most relevant experiences are easily seen in the top half of your resume. Write your cover letter specifically for that position and highlight your skills.
Bring your resume and cover letter to drop-in hours
Come by the Alumni and Student Engagement Center lobby between noon and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday to meet with a Career Services Graduate Assistant and get feedback on your materials.
Visit the Writing Center
Working with a writing consultant will help polish your résumé and cover letter — from grammar, word choice and style to coherence and overall organization.