Information about career exploration, jobs and internships, company and salary research and specialized job and internship websites is only a click away. Take a look at these useful links to learn more.
Discovering subjects you’re passionate about and how to apply that passion is the first step to a career you’ll love. Look at these resources to help guide your process:
- What Can I Do with this Major?
How others have applied their Clark majors and degrees in a variety of fields.
- Spotlight on Careers
An excellent resource created by the Liberal Arts Career NetWORK for students interested in more than 30 different liberal arts fields.
- O*NET and the Occupational Outlook Handbook
Provides information on skills and required training, values and salaries for a variety of occupations.
- Learn How to Become
Explore a variety of career fields and access resources to help you find opportunities.
Resources by major
- National Center for Alternative Certification: Search for programs that provide alternative routes for becoming a teacher
- School Spring: Job search site for new and experienced teachers
- Carney Sandoe and Associates: Recruitment, search and strategic consulting services for independent service worldwide; specializing in recruiting teachers and administrators.
- Teachers-Teachers.com education recruitment
- The National Minority Network: A national recruitment firm that helps minority students and professionals looking for jobs in education.
- Education America
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- National Association of Independent Schools job listings
- Dave’s ESL (English as a Second Language) Café
- Loan Forgiveness program
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology
- Society of Women Engineers: connects interested women with professional female engineers through email and provides resources to women engineers.
- Sloan Career Cornerstone Center: Science, Math and Engineering career resources
- Discover Engineering
- Try Engineering
- Mass Technology Leadership Council – Internship Network and Future Tech Leaders Program
- Abbott Laboratories: Professional Development Programs; engineering, environmental health & safety, financial, I.T., manufacturing, quality assurance.
- DuPont: Early Career Development Programs: Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing (Including the Marketing Leadership Development Program).
- Eaton: Dimensions Development Programs; Accounting, Engineering, Human Resources, Information Technology, General Management, Supply Chain, Technical Sales.
- Ingersoll-Rand: Leadership Development Programs; Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Human Resources, Supply Chain
- Intel: Rotation Programs; Engineering, Sales & Marketing.
- Lockheed Martin: Leadership Development Programs; Communications, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Operations.
- Pratt & Whitney: Manufacturing Engineer Development Program.
- Websites for the Arts: A list of links compiled by the University of South Carolina
- Acting/Theater resume examples from students participating in the Brown University/Trinity Repertory Company MFA acting and directing programs.
- University/Resident Theatre Association assists students with their transition into the profession.
- American Alliance of Museums provides information about museum jobs
- New England Conservatory of Music Employment
- Show Biz Jobs: the Entertainment Professionals Network
- Entertainment Careers.net: Jobs and internships in the entertainment and music industry
- The Art and Business of Making Games
- Digital Music News
- Massachusetts Broadcasters Association
- Hire Culture.org (Massachusetts Cultural Council)
- BackstageJobs.com: Theater jobs
- Clark’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship program
- 163 Ways to Become an Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneur magazine
- Kauffman: The Foundation of Entrepreneurship is an international resource with content and resources designed to assist entrepreneurs
- Mentor Capital Network identifies, supports and rewards the next generation of sustainable businesses.
- Small Business Development Center, located on Clark’s campus this office offers free advice to prospective businesses
- Environmental Consulting Career Advice
- Green Careers Resource Guide by Jim Cassio
- Cool Works: Information on seasonal employment at parks, preserves, monuments and wilderness
- Student Conservation Association
- Green for All: founded by Van Jones, special advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Sustainable Business
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences offers a Mentoring and Networking Program
- Fashion Schools and Careers provides information about salaries, opportunities, industries and graduate schools
Explore Health Careers
American Medical Association: Careers in Health Care
The 20 Best Paying Health-Care Careers Where You Don’t Need to Be a Doctor
American Public Health Association
MA Public Health Association
Public Health Foundation
Health Care for All
Institute for Healthcare Improvement
Public Health Employment Connection
Public Health Jobs
Education Development Center
John Snow, Inc.
American Cancer Society
American Diabetes Association
American Lung Association
Susan G. Komen Foundation
American Red Cross
Massachusetts Health Postings
Office of Community Programs-UMass Medical School
UMass Biomedical Sciences Internship Listings
Health Career Connection
Allied Health Jobs:
For more job options or to understand how public health positions can fit into different fields, check your local Department of Public Health website, hospitals and clinics and insurance companies.
American Society of Journalists and Authors
Association for Editors in Journalism and Mass Communication
Spotlight on Careers: Journalism
Media Bistro: jobs and internships in media and communications
Businesses for Social Responsibility
Chronicle of Philanthropy
US AID: Private Voluntary Organizations
Foundation Center: nonprofit management, law and strategy as well as extensive job listings
American Association of Museums: museum jobs and information
Idealist: public service jobs in 153 countries
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
Student Conservation Association
The Riley Guide: section on international agencies and NGOs
American Psychological Association includes great student section with info on careers and grad school
Clark’s Prehealth Career Advising Program
American Counseling Association includes a section with info on graduate training and entering the field.
National Association of Social Workers
American Mental Health Counselor Association
State Certification Requirements – School Counselor
Massachusetts Department of Education listing of certification requirements for Guidance Counselor, School Psychologist, School Adjustments Counselor and Social Worker.
American School Counselor Association for students and professionals in the field
MA Licensed Mental Health Counselor Requirements
Council of Graduate Schools
Social Psychology Network ranks Clinical PhD programs
Society for I/O Psychology
BioMed Central Career Network
The Protein Society is an association for professionals in academia, industry, government and non-profit institutions
Nature Jobs, science jobs recruitment website
Massachusetts Biotechnology Council Industry Directory, job and internship listings; graduate programs
Mass Technology Leadership Council, internship network and future technology leaders program
Massachusetts Life Sciences Center internship challenge
UMass Biomedical Sciences Internship Listings
Council on Social Work Education
National Association of Social Workers
Be a Social Worker.org, the National Association of Social Workers site designed for students considering social work as a profession.
National Association of Social Workers Massachusetts chapter
Society for Social Work and Research
Providers Council, Massachusetts’ largest human service trade association of private providers
Interviewing for Technical Positions: Interview Tips and Articles
Technical Interviews: The Good and the Bad
Cisco Manager Conducts Whiteboard Test
Coding for Interviews
IEEE Computer Society: Association of Computer Programmers and Analysts
Boston Post Mortem (Gaming group), includes list of Boston area game companies and a job board
CreativeHeads.net, jobs in the video game, animation, VFX and software/technology industries
Massachusetts Innovation and Technology Exchange job board
Harvard Kennedy School of Government list of think tanks
New England Board of Higher Education
New England Public Policy Institutes
NIRA’s World Directory of Think Tanks
Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs Career Guide
National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials housing and community development jobs
American Planning Association
Public Service Careers
Urban Land Institute
The Urban Institute, a nonpartisan economic and social political research institution
Urban Planning, Design, and Development Network
Additional resources for:
- If you plan to experience working life outside the United States, you’ll need information and planning tools. The U.S. Department of State is an essential stop to learn about visa requirements, safety information and more.
- Transitions Abroad provides resources for those interested in careers, internships, volunteer work, short-term work and teaching. The website also provides information about studying abroad and general travel.
- GoAbroad.com’s Interns Abroad page connects those looking for internships in other countries with information about the region and the field. You can also find internship opportunities on this website.
- The Institute of International Education is an independent not-for-profit international education and training organization. Look for information on scholarships, fellowships and other funding sources here.
- If you plan to work in the European Union, read up on how CV’s are formatted in different countries, and find helpful templates, on EuroPass.
- Abbott Laboratories: Professional Development Programs
- Aetna: Actuarial training program
- AT&T: Leadership Program
- Avery Dennison: Global Operations Leadership Development Program; Finance Leadership Development Program
- Boeing: Business Career Foundation Program (BCFP)
- Charles Schwab: Accounting and Finance, Analyst/Strategy
- Citigroup: Leadership Development Program
- Dow Chemical: Commercial Development Program
- DuPont: Early Career Development Programs
- Eaton: Leadership Development Programs
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Management Training in Sales, Marketing
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York: Rotational Analyst
- Ford Motor Company: College Graduate Program
- Gap Inc.: Entry-level options in finance, technology, planning, distribution or merchandising
- Geico: Emerging Leaders Program
- General Mills: Business Management Associate
- General Electric: Entry level and advanced training programs
- Genworth Financial: Internships and Early Career Development
- Goodyear: Human Resources Development Program
- Home Depot: Business Leadership Program
- HSBC: International Management Program
- ICMA.org: Local Government Management Fellowship Program
- Ingersoll-Rand: Leadership Development Programs
- Intel: Rotational Programs
- Johnson & Johnson: Leadership Development Programs
- Kodak: Making Your Degree Work for You
- Lockheed Martin: Leadership Development Programs
- L’Oréal: Management Development Training Programs
- Alcatel -Lucent: Leadership Development Programs
- Macy’s: College Executive Development Program
- Bank of NY Mellon Financial: Career Development Programs
- Merck: Manufacturing Management Development Program
- Metropolitan Life Insurance: Development Programs
- M&T Bank: Management Development Program
- New York Life Insurance Company: Actuarial Training Program
- Pratt & Whitney: Leadership Associate Program/Leadership Development Program
- Prudential Insurance Company of America: Leadership Development Programs
- Sears: Retail Management Development Program
- Texas Instruments: Semiconductor Technical Sales & Marketing Program
- The Vanguard Group: Accelerated Programs
- Travelers Insurance: Development Programs
- Walgreens: Retail Management Training Program
- Wal-Mart: Careers for College and Recent Grads
Fellowships and scholarships provide essential funding for research and experiential learning projects domestically and abroad. You can find Clark University funding opportunities and scholarship information on Clark’s website, but these additional links connect to search tools to help you further fund your work.
- Columbia’s fellowship search (arts and sciences)
- Cornell’s fellowship database (science, humanities, social sciences, including
links for women, minorities, international students)
- Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs funding for work and travel abroad site
- National Association of Fellowships Advisors
- Service Learning Clearinghouse of Funding Opportunities (also view the Funding page and Funding Sources page)
- Federal Scholarships, Financial Aid and Internships
Find helpful tips for interviewing for fellowships here:
Gap-year programs are becoming increasingly popular. If you’re considering one, check out these organizations, programs and volunteer opportunities.
Websites with Short-term Post Graduation Options:
- Gap Year
- Gap Year 365
- Internship Connection
- Thinking Beyond Borders
- Council on International Educational Exchange
- United Planet
- Backdoor Short-term Jobs and Adventures
Other Programs to Consider:
- Citizen Schools
- Atlas Service Corps
- Habitat for Humanity
- Health Corps
- Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms
These programs require a fee to participate
Learn about rankings and financing your graduate education from these links:
Clark University is home to the Strassler Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies, and students from across majors take an interest in this subject area. The following are links to domestic and international organizations working and researching in this important field.
HOLOCAUST ORGANIZATIONS IN THE U.S.
- The Anti-Defamation League Contact:Ed Alster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Anne Frank Center USA
- Facing History and Ourselves
- Fortunoff Video Archives at Yale University
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
- Holocaust Awareness Institute
- Holocaust Documentation & Education Center
- Holocaust Memorial Center Contact: email@example.com
- Holocaust Memorial Resource & Education Center of Florida
- Holocaust Museum, Houston
- Holocaust Museum and Learning Center, St. Louis
- Holocaust and War Victims Tracing Center
- Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center
- The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- Museum of Jewish Heritage, A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
- New Mexico Holocaust and Intolerance Museum and Study Center Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon Wiesenthal Center/Museum of Tolerance
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Internship Program
- United States Department of Justice
- Virginia Holocaust Museum Contact: email@example.com
HOLOCAUST ORGANIZATIONS ABROAD
- Association of Jewish Refugees
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum
- Auschwitz Jewish Center Fellows Program: A Bridge to History
- Experiential Learning Center
- Holocaust Education Centre
- Leo Baeck Summer University in Jewish Studies
- Lidice Memorial and Museum in the Czech Republic
- London Jewish Cultural Centre
- The Montreal Holocaust Memorial Centre
- Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre Contact: RLibman@ujafed.org
- Task Force for International Cooperation in Holocaust,Remembrance and Research, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre
- Yad Vashem: The Holocaust Martyrs’ and Heroes’ Remembrance Authority
GENOCIDE-RELATED ORGANIZATIONS IN THE U.S.
- African Faith and Justice Network
- American Anti-Slavery Group
- Alternatives to Violence
- American Jewish World Service
- Amnesty International
- Armenian Assembly of America
- Armenian Assembly’s Yerevan Summer Internship Program
- Armenian Cultural and Educational Center
Armenian National Committee of America
- Armenian Students’ Association
- Enough Project
- Free the Slaves
- Friends of the Congo
- Genocide Intervention Network (GI-Net)
- Global Witness
- Global Youth Connect
- Human Rights Watch
- Investors Against Genocide
- Lutheran Refugee and Immigration Services Contact: email@example.com
- Jewish World Watch
- National Museum of the American Indians (NMAI)
- Seven Hills Global Outreach
- Work For Armenia ASA Internship Program
- Youth at the United Nations
GENOCIDE-RELATED ORGANIZATIONS ABROAD
- African Great Lakes Initiative
- Armenian Genocide Museum Institute
- Armenian Youth Federation
- Birthright Armenia
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- La Benevolencija
- Primeros Pasos
- American Red Cross of Mass Bay: International Services
- The Uppsala Program for Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- Voices of Rwanda
The Arthur and Rochelle Belfer Fund for Scholars of Holocaust Studies funds awards to undergraduate students for research or internships related to the Holocaust. The Ina R. and Haskell R. Gordon Fund for Undergraduate Students of Holocaust Studies provides annual awards to one or more undergraduate students for research, travel or internships related to the Holocaust. Contact Prof. Shelly Tenenbaum for more information.
The following links are intended to serve as helpful resources for the ALANA (African, Latino, Asian, Native American) community.
- Equal Opportunity Publications diversity and inclusion career center
- Hire Diversity
- Diversity Working
- National Employment Minority Network
- Barclays diversity programs
- Black Collegian online, a career site for students of color
- Black Enterprise Online, career search engine and employment resources
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
- IHispano, networking and job search resources
- Lat Pro, the essential job board for Hispanic and bilingual professionals
- Saludos, job search engine for the Latino community
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Asian American Journalist Association
- Asian Women in Business
The following links offer international students information on immigration requirements and job opportunities in the United States and abroad. We advise you to meet with Patty Doherty, director of the International Students and Scholars Office, to learn more about the required documents that must be completed to work in the United States.
- Information for International Students from Career Services
- My Visa Jobs – free site that includes statistics on the number of H1-B visa applications by company
- H1 Visa Jobs – database of 20,000 firms that offered jobs with H1B visa sponsorship
These links provide information on career opportunities, your rights as a person with a disability, and gateways to job search engines.
- Disability.gov – disability information and resources from the Federal Government
- USAjobs.gov – government initiatives to hire individuals with disabilities
- US Office of Personnel Management – lists coordinators who oversee hiring of adults with disabilities
- US Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy – links to employers interested in hiring individuals with disabilities
- Diversity Inc. – top 50 companies for diversity; job search engine
- Job Accommodation Network – accommodations database; legal resources
- 411 on Disability Disclosure – workbook that can be downloaded from the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability
- EntryPoint – program through the American Association for the Advancement of Science to place students with apparent and non-apparent disabilities in internships throughout the country
- Equal Opportunity Publications – diversity and inclusion career center; awards section lists top companies for diversity
- Getting Hired – networking and job search site
- COSD: Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities – log in as a student to access info on career fairs, job listings, and other career development tools.
- Barclays diversity programs
Women will find the following links provide resources and information of workplace rights. Moreover, these resources offer job postings and resume tips focused on women.
The following links provide legal information on LGBTQ+ undergraduate experience, scholarships and rights in the workplace. You’ll also find links to job search engines featuring pro-LGBTQ+ employers.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals: Resources and job listings for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff at institutions of higher education
- Reaching Out MBA Conference: conference for LGBTQ+ business and graduate students – focus on education and networking
- Diversity Working: search jobs at LGBT and diversity-friendly companies
- Pro Gay Jobs: search jobs at LGBT-friendly companies with an emphasis on fostering safe-spaces
- Out Professionals (NYC): job postings and career resources for the LGBTQ+ community
- Out for Undergrad: network of volunteer professionals that offer industry-focused conferences.
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce: advocacy organization focused on expanding professional and economic opportunities for LGBTQ+ job-seekers
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute: advocacy, law, and policy initiatives to support Transgender individuals
- National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce: activist network to advance LGBTQ+ equality in housing, employment, healthcare, retirement, and other basic human rights
- Out and Equal Workplace Advocates: advocacy network for out LGBTQ+ employees
- Human Rights Campaign: advocacy network and rights resources
- Workplace Resources: Human Rights Campaign resources specifically for workplace experiences (coming out, job search, resume review)
- Lambda Legal: legal information on LGBTQ+ rights in the workplace
- Transgender Law Center: legal information and resources on Transgender rights in the workplace
- Pride at Work: non-profit organization representing LGBTQ+ union members and allies
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals: professional network for LGBTQ+ individuals in STEM fields