Caring for Your Computer
It is the responsibility of every computer user at Clark University to maintain their computer or "lock it down" against viruses, hackers, malicious software and any other threats which jeopardize the integrity of our campus's security. The following procedures have been provided as guidelines you can follow.
Are you doing all you can to keep your computer healthy?
- Keep your Clark Account username and password private, even from co-workers and family members?
- Check your computer(s) for software updates and patches?
- Run the firewall that is part of your computer's operating system?
- Keep your antivirus software up to date on your computer(s)?
- Regularly perform full scans for viruses/spyware on your computer(s)?
- Restart your computer weekly?
- Avoid interacting with and immediately delete suspicious or unsolicited emails?
- Avoid clicking on entries in pop-up ads?
- Do you periodically clean up your computer by deleting files you no longer need?
If you have answered NO to any of the above questions, your computer IS at risk and you should take these precautions to safeguard any computer you use.