Important Information for Fall 2020/Spring 2021
This academic year will offer many new and different ways to learn and participate in campus life. And with these come technology needs. As you prepare to come (or come back) to Clark, it’s important to ensure that your primary computing device is up to the task.
In order to fully participate in Clark’s Fall offerings, whether you are on or off campus, we recommend that you have access to:
- A Windows or Apple desktop or laptop;
- We don’t recommend using a Chromebook, iPad or Android tablet as your primary device.
- One of the following browsers: Edge, Firefox or Chrome
- An up-to-date Anti-Virus (AV) software;
- AV software is required for both Windows and Apple devices.
- All Clark students have access to Sophos Antivirus.
- Click here to learn more about our recommended AV Software.
- A webcam, microphone and headphones for your device;
- Many laptops have integrated webcams and microphones
- If living off campus, access to reliable internet of 5Mb/s or better (per user if shared).
- Microsoft Office
- All Clark students have access to Microsoft Office while you are a student.
- Click here to learn more.
- Microsoft Teams
- All Clark students have a Microsoft Teams account with your Clark account.
- Click here to log into and install Microsoft Teams.
- All Clark students have a Zoom account with your Clark account.
- Click here for more information about Zoom.
- If you are connecting from countries where Internet access could be throttled/limited, and you experience problems connecting to resources, we recommend using a third-party VPN provider. If you do not currently have one, ExpressVPN or NordVPN are options.
Please note that these are the minimum requirements, and if you plan to enroll in classes or programs with specific computing needs, you should work with your advisors to identify additional needs.
Access to a reliable personal device that meets our recommendations will be even more important as computing labs are de-densified to comply with social distancing.
If you believe that you may not be able to bring a personal device that meets our recommendations, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-508-793-7745. Click here for information on the Help Desk.