The List Server allows for the creation and management of subscribed mailing lists. Generally, lists can be one of the following:
Open/Closed Announcement Lists
These are typically used to distribute information one-way. The owner of the list can choose how membership is determined. They can also control who has permissions to send information to the list.
Open/Closed Discussion Lists
Subscribers to the list may submit information to be distributed to the list. In this way, a discussion among members of the list is facilitated.
Users find Email lists useful for :
- one-way distribution of information
- email-based discussions
- question and answer support
Guidelines & Policies
- Student organizations must fill out a Technology Service Activation Form prior to requesting this service.
- Lists can be created for faculty, administrative offices, academic departments, or student organizations.
- Each list must have an “owner,” an individual who manages the list’s behavior on behalf of their group.
- Messages delivered via the list server are delivered directly to subscribers’ Clark email inbox.
- Please refer to the Email Mailing List Policy that governs interactions with the list server prior to requesting the creation of a mailing list.