Once you have packed up your room and moved all of your items out, please follow the guidelines below labeled "Check Out Procedures" to be successful in leaving campus. Be sure to return your room key to our office (1st floor of the Corner House) before you leave. If you do not return your key on time, key/lock replacement charges will be placed on your student account.
Late Stay Requests - May 2018
Any students who would like to apply to stay past Wednesday, May 9th at 12:00pm must fill out the Spring 2018 Late Stay Request form which is located in your Housing & Dining Self-Service. This form will be open from April 9th-April 30th. You will receive an email from ResLife either approving or denying your request. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students can request to stay until Saturday, May 12th at noon. Students who are graduating or helping with commencement must be moved out of their on campus housing by Monday, May 21st at 12:00pm. No requests to stay past May 21st will be approved.
Early Arrival Requests - August 2018
The residence halls open for the fall 2018 semester on Sunday, August 26th at 9:00am for returning students. Any returning students who would like to apply to arrive back to campus before Sunday, August 26th at 9:00am must fill out the Fall 2018 Early Arrival Request form, which is located in your Housing & Dining Self-Service. This form will be open from April 9th-August 7th. You will receive an email from ResLife either approving or denying your request. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students can request to arrive as early as Thursday, August 23rd at 10:00am.
** International students and students who live more than 500 miles away from campus are eligible to receive one day of the late stay/early arrival fee waived. These students must complete the corresponding Request form and be approved in order to stay late or arrive early. **
Requests and Costs
Approved late stay or early arrival request
$25 per day (Spring 18) or $30 per day (Fall 18)
After the submission deadline for late stay or early arrival request
Daily rate + $50 Fee
Students who arrive on campus unannounced requesting their key
Daily rate + $100 Fee
Students found in the halls without permission
Daily rate + $150 Fee
Closing Procedures and Policies
22 hour Quiet Hours
Beginning April 30th at 9:00pm, 22 hour quiet hours are in effect. Quiet hours are in effect all day except from 7:00-9:00pm. During this 2-hour break, you will still need to be respectful of your peers. If folks in your hallways and building ask that you quiet down, you will be expected to honor those requests.
Check Out Procedures
- You are required to depart campus no more than 24 hours after your last final exam. Undergraduate students must depart by Wednesday, May 9th at 12:00pm. Students who are graduating or are assisting with commencement must depart by Monday, May 21st at 12:00pm. If you are found in your room and do not have approval you will be fined $150.
- If you need to stay beyond Wednesday, May 9th at 12:00pm you will be required to complete a Late Stay Request application. These applications can be found on the Housing Portal under the My Service tab. Late Stay Request Applications are due by April 30th. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students may request to stay up to 3 days late. Folks who are graduating or assisting with commencement will not be approved to stay past May 21st at 12:00pm.
- RAs will be going through all the rooms to complete Room Inspections once the building is closed. If any personal items are found in your room, they will be disposed of. You are responsible for making sure the following is completed prior to your departure:
- Move all furniture away from the radiator/heat
- Make sure all radiator valves are fully open
- Close and lock ALL windows! It saves energy, and prevents unwanted guests from getting in. If you are unable to close/lock your window, please contact Facilities Management.
- Put down shades or close curtains.
- Remove all trash from your room.
- Turn off all the lights.
- Close and lock the door.
- Return your key to the RLH office (1st floor of the Corner House) during business hours, or to University Police outside of business hours.
- For those joining us in on campus housing for the 2018-2019 school year, Residence Halls reopen on Sunday, August 26th 2018 at 9:00am. If you want to arrive early for any reason, you must complete an Early Arrival Request Application no later than August 7th, 2018. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students may request to arrive up to 3 days early.