Each student, faculty member, and staff member must electronically affirm their commitment no later than Monday, August 10. Only those who do so will be allowed to return to campus for study or work.
As a member of the Clark community, I take responsibility both for my own health and for protecting others from the spread of COVID-19. I know that my choices affect my well-being and the well-being of others on campus, in the Worcester community, and beyond. I know that I am expected to closely follow social-distancing guidelines, properly wear a protective mask, get regularly tested for the virus, and act in ways that protect everyone around me. I fully accept these expectations and commit myself to living up to them at all times.
I also know that other members of the Clark community around me will be doing their best to meet these expectations, and I will positively support them in doing so. And while I appreciate that Clark is taking significant measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading on campus, I know that it is impossible for the University to guarantee that no one in the Clark community will contract the virus while at Clark. In fact, with this virus, it is likely some will. My role is to do everything I can as a member of the community to protect myself and others, and reduce the spread of the virus.
With our shared duty to one another in mind, I commit to the following actions, among other expectations, for the well-being of myself, and the Clark community.
- Personal Care
- I will monitor myself daily for the symptoms of COVID-19: a fever of 100.4 °F (38 °C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
- If I am a student and experience any such symptoms, I will consult with a health provider (including Student Health Services) and will stay home or in my residential hall room until advised otherwise by Student Health Services.
- If I am an employee and experience any such symptoms, I will consult with a health provider and stay home until advised otherwise by a medical professional.
- I will frequently wash my hands with soap and water and use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible.
- I will follow University guidelines in keeping my personal spaces and spaces that I share with others clean and sanitized.
- I understand that the symptoms of the flu are similar to those of COVID-19. I therefore recognize that minimizing occurrences of the flu on campus will improve our community’s efforts to identify cases of COVID-19 and mitigate its spread. I know that the University strongly advises I get a flu vaccine when it becomes available this fall.
- Social distancing
- Because I know how contagious this virus can be, I will at all times on campus maintain appropriate social distancing (six feet) and will strive to do so while off campus.
- Because I know how contagious this virus can be, I will always wear an appropriate face mask and other protective gear in any campus public space—including hallways, common areas, classrooms, and campus grounds—as directed by the University; and will strive to do so while off campus.
- I will carefully follow campus signage and instructions to ensure social distancing and healthy practices.
- I will adhere to Clark’s rules prohibiting non-Clark guests in residence halls.
- Testing and contact tracing
- I will participate as directed by the University in testing for COVID-19 and related contact tracing to help protect the health of people on campus and in the community.
- Staying Informed
- I will complete the Clark COVID-19 training module in healthy practices that will be required of all students, faculty, and staff before they return to campus this fall.
- I will stay informed of Clark University practices and requests by regularly reading my email, regularly reviewing the Healthy Clark website and following the guidance therein, and immediately responding to outreach and directives by University officials.
- I acknowledge that the University may make changes to campus health protocols and expectations at any time and I commit to following any new required practices.
Finally, I acknowledge that if I violate my commitment to these expectations, I may be subject to University actions that enforce University policies and are designed to help protect the health and safety of everyone at Clark.
- Personal Care