(Last updated June 10, 2020)
The authority to end in-person instruction rests with the President and the Board of Trustees, who will be advised by the Department of Public Health. The following situations may warrant that decision:
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health mandates the end of in-person classes and directs students to return home based on the trajectory and health impacts of COVID-19.
- The trajectory of infection on the Clark University campus exceeds capability for successful containment.
- Health impacts within the Clark University community warrant additional measures to lower the risk of infection.
- If the decision is made to conclude in-person classes, the University will take the following steps:
- Notify students and families.
- Complete the semester through online instruction.
- Accommodate students who are unable to leave campus by providing on-campus housing.