At Clark, we’re thrilled to receive interest and applications from students around the world. We also understand that the admissions process for international students can seem complicated. Here you can find information for international students interested in applying to our graduate programs. You may apply to more than one program as long as you complete separate applications for each.
Once you decide to apply to one of our graduate programs, take a moment to review the requirements for the particular degree you plan to pursue.
Ready to apply?
- Application fee (nonrefundable): $75; $100 for M.S. in Accounting and M.S. in Finance applicants
- Personal statement (refer to additional program requirements for details)
- Letters of recommendation (refer to additional program requirements for details)
- Test scores (optional for many programs; refer to additional program requirements for details)
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (Clark’s code is 5969)
* Unofficial transcripts can be provided for the application review. Official final transcripts, including confirmation of earned degree, are required prior to enrollment and should be mailed directly from the institution to Clark University Graduate Admissions.
Any questions? If you have questions or concerns about your application, at any point, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office for assistance. We will be in touch with you throughout the application process with updates.
All transcripts that are submitted as part of your application must be translated into English prior to submission. Transcripts from international programs that do not include the original language and its English translation will not be considered with your application. If you submit an official final transcript, please make sure to include confirmation of earned degree.
Please do not send financial documents as part of your application for admission. Financial documents will be needed after you receive an offer of admission and choose to enroll at Clark University.
Required Documents for Accepted Students
After you accept the offer of admission and pay the nonrefundable deposit, upload the following to your online account:
- International Student Information Form (located in the application portal)
- A copy of your passport identification page
- Bank statement (no more than 6 months old*)
- If the bank statement is not in your name, you must send a Signed Affidavit of Support form
*The bank statement and affidavit of support are needed for those who would like Clark University to issue an I-20 form (for students who want to obtain an F-1 student visa) or a DS-2019 (for students who want to obtain a J-1 visa)
Obtaining a Student Visa
After you upload the documents listed above, your information will be reviewed by Clark University's International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO). In most cases, the ISSO will issue an I-20 or DS-2019 form so you can apply for a student visa. The appropriate form will be sent to you with detailed steps on the visa application process. Here is a brief overview:
- Read the I-20 or DS-2019 to make sure all of the information is accurate
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to learn the proper visa application procedures
- Pay the $200 SEVIS fee, online, to the U.S. government
- Schedule a visa interview online (DS-160)
- Review information on photo requirements for a student visa
- Bring the following to your visa interview:
- SEVIS fee payment receipt
- Admission letter from Clark University
- Financial documents that prove you have funding listed on I-20 or DS-2019
- Documents that show your intention to return home after the completion of your studies
Do you want to take a single course?
We offer a small number of online graduate courses that can be taken individually by international students. If you would like more information about this course availability please contact our Graduate Admissions Office.