Over the course of a three-day summer program, Eye-CARE camp aims to prepare prospective applicants for the rigors of the optometry school application process and health professions programs more broadly. Eye-CARE will simultaneously expose participants to the dynamic future of the profession.
Camp activities include:
- Leadership, professional development, and clinical background workshops
- Team-building and community-building exercises
- Presentations by renowned optometrists
- Networking opportunities with current SUNY Optometry students
- An inside look into the pandemic’s impact on eye care
- Exposure to new technologies, niches, and communities in optometry
- Application process preparation and counseling
Travel Stipend Consideration: We understand that the Hybrid Eye-CARE Summer Camp 2022 may pose barriers for attendees who wish to join the event in person at the College. Participants who have demonstrated academic promise and who will benefit from a travel stipend may express interest toward a $400 travel stipend for summer camp travel to the state of New York in late June 2022. Interest may be expressed through the registration form by completing a short statement and submitting a primary college undergraduate transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable). Although travel stipends are limited and highly competitive, we encourage all eligible individuals to express consideration. If you are not awarded a travel stipend, then you are still eligible to attend the summer camp either in person or virtually.