- This event has ended.
Interested in how college esports works?
We invite you to find out at our free, daylong Esports and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Conference.
Meet experts in the industry and leaders in esports and learn how to navigate the collegiate esports environment.
The conference is open to the Clark community and the public and is expected to draw collegiate organizations, corporate professionals, sponsors, and leagues from throughout the United States.
- 10 a.m. — Start of Conference
- Kick-Off Event: Joseph Corazzini
- Foreword: President David Fithian
- Keynote: Danny Martin, CEO and co-founder of Esposure Inc.
- 11 a.m. — Panel 1: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the Intersection of Esports
- Moderator: Paul Cotnoir, Dean of the Becker School of Design & Technology at Clark University
- Margo Foreman, Vice President and Chief Of Diversity and Inclusion at Clark University
- Kamala C. Kiem, Associate Provost for Student Success and Dean of Students at Clark University
- Aaron Haddock, Associate Professor of Practice, Psychology, and Director of Behavioral Health Initiatives and Programs, Mosakowski Institute for Public Enterprise at Clark University
- Jules Trobaugh, Diversity Manager at the UMASS Chan Medical School
- Noon — Lunch Break
- 12:30 p.m. — Plenary Speaker
- Verta Maloney, co-founder of The*gameHERs
- 1:15 p.m. — Panel 2: Collegiate Esports and Inclusivity: A White Paper Panel Discussion
- Moderator: Stephanie Orme, User Experience Researcher at Key Lime Interactive
- Shifty (Nicholas Travis), Director of Esports at Clark University
- Russ Hamer, Director of Esports at Mount St. Mary’s University and co-author of the Collegiate DEI Esports Handbook
- Hector Melendez, Esports strength and conditioning coach
- Seth Jenny, Professor of Exercise Science and Esports at Slippery Rock University
- Hillary Phan, Assistant Operations Director at AnyKey and Director of Diversity and Inclusion at Voice of Intercollegiate Esports
- 2:15 p.m. — Panel 3: Esports and Toxicity: Changing the Tide
- Moderator: Danielle Rourke, Senior Strategist for Higher Education at Dell
- Amir Satvat, Head of Global Startup Operations at Amazon and Strategic Advisor at PlaySide Studios
- Victor Castro – Director of Army West Point Esports
- Heather Blair – Chief Innovator at LG
- Nathan Lindberg – Commercial Director, Gaming at SuperAwesome, former Regional Vice President of Twitch
- 3:15 p.m. — Panel 4: Professional Esports Organizations and DEI
- Moderator: Jacob VanRyn, President of the NECC League
- Wim Stocks, Commercial & Partnerships Lead at Belong Gaming & Vindex and pioneer in online gaming and esports
- Jason Chung,
- Dani Marks, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Team Oxygen
- Candace Corrales, Lead Program Manager, Apex Legends Esports at Electronic Arts
- 4:15 p.m. — Reception