Certificate in Business Analytics
Harness the power of big data to solve intractable problems. Learn how to manage technical experts in the fastest-growing field in business.
Whether you’re a manager looking to update your skills in data analytics, an entrepreneur with a fresh vision for using data, or a working professional hoping to better interpret your engineers’ findings, you’ll expand your career prospects by learning to harness the potential of massive data sets. At Clark University, we give you a thorough grounding in the three key areas of business analytics—descriptive (what happened), diagnostic (why it happened), and prescriptive (how to make it happen).
The business analytics certification is a perfect fit for the part-time working professional. As you progress through the program, you’ll learn the communication skills necessary to share actionable knowledge with colleagues in fields such as business administration, public administration, policy analytics, health management, and education. You’ll also build credits toward our master’s program if you decide that a full degree in analytics is right for you.
Why a Certificate in Business Analytics at Clark University
- Gain frontier-busting skills at a globally ranked and accredited university—Clark University has been named a Princeton Review “Best Business School,” achieved repeated recognition from U.S. News & World Report, and is among the elite 5% of business schools to receive AACSB accreditation.
- Earn a head start in our Business Analytics master’s degree program by applying 100% of your certificate course credits toward the full degree graduation requirements.
- Join a close-knit learning community representing 90+ countries and 150 nonprofit and business partners around the world.
- Work in a highly collaborative learning environment with talented peers and scholar-practitioner faculty who share with you their deep leadership experience.
- Pursue the business analytics program on your terms with options for part-time, full-time, online, on campus, and accelerated study.
Clark’s CBA program focuses on the application of analytics, combining theory with skill-building. Topics covered include database and data handling, business intelligence, and digital marketing analytics. The program does not require any prior expertise in statistics or programming, and can typically be completed in three semesters.
Upon completion of the certificate, students can seamlessly enter our M.S. in Business Analytics program if desired. All courses within the certificate count toward the requirements of the master’s degree.
The program covers the basics of descriptive analytics (what happened), diagnostic analytics (why it happened), predictive analytics (what will happen), and prescriptive analytics (how we can make it happen). Coursework includes online, hybrid, and in-person classes.
- Foundations of Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Database Management
- Business Intelligence
- Applied Business Analytics
- Internship or experiential learning elective
- Attend guest speaker series and panel discussions that bring executives from corporations around the world to the Clark campus.
- Participate in networking events specifically created for business analytics students.
- Take part in group projects benefiting our urban community.
- Join the School of Management student clubs and organizations, including the Clark Business Analytics Association.
- 5 course units
- 1 internship or experiential learning elective
Explore what the School of Management has to offer.