Ready to apply?
- Early Decision: Clark is your first choice. You’ll apply by Nov. 1, and commit as soon as you hear from us in December.
- Early Action: You’ll apply by Nov. 1 and find out our decision in December, but won’t have to make a serious commitment until May 1.
- Regular Decision: If you send us your application by Jan. 15, you’ll hear from us in March, weigh your options and commit by May 1. If you choose to apply for the spring semester, the deadline is Oct. 1.
Want to know more before you apply?
Whether you’re a first-year or transfer student, Clark is looking for individuals ready to accept challenges both in and out of the classroom. Read on to see if you match up with the characteristics of a strong Clarkie:
- You care deeply about your academic career.
- You seek learning experiences outside a traditional classroom (in fact, you think that’s a great way to learn about the world and yourself).
- You have a strong A/B average, or have shown steady improvement in your grades from your early high school career to your senior year.
- If applying as a transfer student, you have done well in classes up to this point (a college GPA of 3.0 or higher) and have recommendations to support that.
You’ve taken at least four solid academic courses your senior year of high school (and at least that many during your previous high school years). We want to make sure you’ve taken:
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics
- Three years of science
- Two years of social science
- Two years of a foreign language
- Other elective credits (like the arts) recognized in the curriculum
While grades and courses are the most important factors in our review process, we also consider recommendations, essays, and extracurricular activities. As a test-optional university, we'll only look at your test scores if you choose to submit them. Simply put, we want to know how you’re going to help both the Clark community and that of the Main South neighborhood we call home. Clarkies want to make a difference and are concerned about their local and greater communities. If you’re interested in making a difference in the community and beyond, or already have, tell us.
Talk to us
We know the application process comes with many questions. Connecting with our admissions counselors will help you answer any you might have. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-GO-CLARK or 800-462-5275. You can also like us on our Admissions Facebook page.