Undergraduate Admissions

International Transfer Application:
Questions and Answers

What are the criteria for being considered an international student?
We base our criteria on whether a student is eligible for federal student aid from the United States government. Therefore, U.S. citizens living abroad are not international students, nor are students who have dual citizenship in the U.S. and another country. Additionally, permanent residents ("green card holders") are also not considered international students.
What are the deadlines to apply?
November 1: spring semester transfer admission
May 1: fall semester transfer admission
Can I apply for the spring semester as a first-year international student?
Yes. Students who are interested in applying for spring-semester admission must submit all of their materials to the Admissions Office no later than the deadline; we are unable to review applications that are incomplete after the deadline because of the significant time required to process enrollment for international students.
What is the difference between Early Decision and Early Action/Early Notification?
Early Action is a non-binding application round in which applicants receive their decision in mid-December, but have until May 1 to decide to enroll at Clark. Early Decision is a binding agreement that allows students to apply early to their first choice school knowing that if they are admitted they will enroll. It is only possible to apply to one institution under the Early Decision round. Clark offers Early Decision, Early Action, and Regular Decision.
What if English is not my first language? Do I need to take the TOEFL?
Yes.If English is not your first language, you must submit the results of the Test of English as a Second Language (TOEFL). The minimum score for full admission is 80 ibT (Internet) or 550 pbT (paper). Alternatively, an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 is acceptable.
Does Clark require international transfer applicants to submit SAT or ACT scores?
No; beginning with transfer students applying for the fall of 2013 Clark has adopted a SAT/ACT test-optional policy. It will be up to the applicants to decide if they would like to submit these scores.
I am interested in transferring to Clark as an international student. What do I need to submit to provide a complete application?
You can find a all the components you need to submit here. Please be aware that you will need to have all of your transcripts from universities outside of the United States evaluated by an outside agency before sending them to Clark.

International Transfers: Credit Evaluation Services

International students applying for transfer admission from colleges and universities outside the United States are required to submit their academic records to a credit evaluation service (see below) to receive transfer credit and advanced standing from Clark. All costs associated with these evaluations are the responsibility of the student.

Since overseas educational systems, requirements and credits differ from those in the United States, we ask you to contact these agencies in order to assist us in granting you appropriate transfer credit. Applicants who fail to submit their academic records to an evaluation service will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for admission to Clark. International students transferring from U.S. colleges and universities may submit their U.S. transcripts directly to Clark.

Suggested Credit Evaluation Services:

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
Tel: 414-289-3400
Web: www.ece.org

Education Evaluators International
Tel: 401-521-5340
Web: www.educei.com
E-Mail: eval@educei.com

World Education Services
Tel: 212-966-6311
Web: www.wes.org
E-mail: info@wes.org

Educational Perspectives
Tel: 312-421-9300
Web: www.edperspective.org
Email: info@edperspective.org

Center for Educational Documentation
Tel: 617-338-7171
Web: www.cedevaluations.com
E-mail: info@cedevaluations.com

I am interested in attending Clark as a graduate student to earn a master's degree. Am I eligible for the Global Scholars Program?
No. Only undergraduate students (those looking to earn a bachelor's degree) are eligible for the Global Scholars Program.
Does Clark give financial aid to international students?
Yes. Clark's awards are based on financial need as well as merit. In order to be considered for an award, you must file the CSS PROFILE with your admissions application by the deadline. When you apply you will be asked to provide information about your family's savings and income. Using this information we will assess the ability of your family to pay for a Clark education and determine how much aid we are able to provide to students who are admitted to the University.
Sometimes an international applicant may be eligible for admission based on their academic and personal merit, but based on the financial information they provide, they appear unable to afford a Clark education. In these cases applicants will be awarded no aid at all, since our resources are limited and we must reserve funds for students who show they are clearly able to fund at least part of their education. The average international student at Clark pays between $25,000 - $30,000 per year towards their education. Learn more »
Is there anything else I should be aware of when applying to Clark?
We require a minimum of three complete years of educational data in order to properly evaluate your education. For students in countries such as China, where a 6-3-3 educational system is in place, you will need to submit a transcript from your middle school showing results from at least the final/third year (the US equivalent of "9th" grade) in addition to the first two years of your three-year secondary school. We cannot review an application with only two years of credentials, so please ensure that we receive your documents in their entirety before the admission deadline.