International Transfer Application

1. Know the deadlines

  • Fall start: Apply by May 1
  • Spring start: Apply by November 1

2. Read up on the requirements

To apply, you'll need to submit:

  • Common Application for transfer students
  • Academic Evaluation Form (completed by a recent professor with whom you've taken a class)
  • College Report Form (completed by the registrar or dean of students at your current college)
  • Mid-Term Report Form from your current school (required if currently in first full-time semester of college)
  • Official final secondary school transcript
  • Official college transcripts from all institutions attended
  • Foreign Credit Evaluation
  • Application fee of $60 through the Common Application website or a fee waiver
  • Proof of English proficiency

You may also choose to submit:

  • SAT/ACT scores (Clark doesn't require these scores). If you choose to submit scores, use these school codes:
    • CEEB (SAT): 003279
    • ACT: 1808
  • CSS Profile (only if you're applying for need-based financial assistance). If you choose to submit a PROFILE, use the school code 3279.

3. Complete the Common Application

Once you've submitted your application, we'll send you an email with information about how to log in to our applicant portal where you can check the status of your materials, see if anything is missing and receive updates. You're responsible for verifying that we have received all the necessary materials to complete your application by the deadline, so remember to double-check.

Things to note

The Admissions Office may contact you if further information is needed to complete your application. If you have questions about the requirements or need help accessing the applicant portal, email or call us at 800-462-5275. Our mailing address is: Office of Admissions, Clark University, 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01610-1477.

If applicable, please send us your national examination results (e.g., A levels, GCSE, WASSCE, CBSE, ISCE, CXC, CAPE, etc.). For the SAT, ACT and TOEFL, use Clark's school codes:

  • CEEB (SAT): 003279
  • ACT: 1808
  • TOEFL: 3279

We encourage you to submit SAT/ACT scores if you believe they're a good reflection of your potential success at Clark. If you choose not to submit, other parts of your application like course selection, grades, recommendations, writing skills and nonacademic pursuits will be given greater weight in our review.

Information on credits


Most semester-length courses at Clark have the value of one unit, equivalent to four semester hours (credit hours) of credit. A minimum of 32 units is needed for completion of the Clark bachelor's degree, and students typically take four courses per semester. In accordance with common transfer practices, credit will be awarded on a prorated basis for students transferring into Clark from institutions that operate on a different credit system. Approved courses that carry 3.0 semester credits will receive .75 Clark Unit in transfer. Courses that are on the quarter system will receive .75 Clark Unit for 4.0 or 5.0 quarter credits and 1.0 Clark Unit for 6.0 quarter credits.


Up to 50 percent of Clark's degree and major requirements may be accepted in transfer, which means you may be able to transfer up to 64 credits (or 16 Clark Units). You have to complete two academic years at Clark in order to receive a Clark degree.

You will have a transfer credit evaluation at the time of admission. You will receive Clark credit for most liberal arts courses taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities as long as you earned a grade of C or better. Outside seminars, internships and remedial or vocational coursework are not transferable to Clark's curriculum.


International students applying for transfer admission from colleges and universities outside the United States must submit their academic records to a credit evaluation service (see below) to receive transfer credit and advanced standing from Clark. Securing the evaluation and costs associated are your responsibility. An application without this evaluation won't be considered for admission. International students transferring from U.S. colleges and universities can submit their U.S. transcripts directly to Clark.


Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers

World Education Services

Educational Perspectives

Center for Educational Documentation