Internet Reference Sources
Ready Reference Sources: Phonebooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, MLA and APA guides, currency converter, and other sources.
Access to these resources is restricted to the Clark University domain (140.232.*.*). Clark faculty, staff, and students with domain accounts may access these databases remotely.
- Text Archives: Annals of American History: over 2,000 primary documents from U.S. history from 1493 to current day.
- Historical Data: Historical Statistics of the United States -- statistics about almost any aspect of U.S. economics, population or infrastructure since the government began recording statistics.
- Historical Text Archive
- Avalon Project: Documents in Law, History, and Diplomacy
- Our Documents : Mileston documents from the U.S. National Archives
- Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Source Definitions (from the University of Maryland)
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1861 - 1969-76 -- U.S. State Department Office of the Historian
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1861 - 1958/60 -- an electronic facsimile (University of Wisconsin)
- The Civil Rights Digital Archive
- American Social History Online --Find and use 19th and 20th century primary resources from unique historical digital collections.
- EuroDocs: Online Sources for European History -- Selected Transcriptions, Facsimiles and Translations
- American Memory from the Library of Congress -- Historical Collections for the National Digital Library
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress: 1774 - present
- The History Channel - Great Speeches -- hear some of the great speeches of history. (Requires the Real Player® plugin)
- American Rhetoric: Online Speech Bank -- an index to a growing database of 5000+ full text, audio and video (streaming) versions of public speeches, sermons, legal proceedings, lectures, debates, interviews, other recorded media events, and a declaration or two
- American Women's History: A Research Guide
- Historical U.S. Census Data Browser -- covers 1790 to 1960