Internet Reference Sources
Ready Reference Sources: Phonebooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, MLA and APA guides, currency converter, and other sources.
Access to these resources is restricted to the Clark University domain (140.232.*.*). Clark faculty, staff, and students with domain accounts may access these databases remotely.
- Britannica Online -- complete text of the Encyclopedia Britannica
- CredoReference: full-text content from hundreds of reference books covering a broad range of subjects.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- IPL Ready Reference Collection -- A topically arranged annotated list of good, solid links. Try it out!!
- Digital Librarian -- a librarian's choice of the best of the Web
- Statistical Abstract of the United States -- current and earlier editions back to 1995.
- Lookup Directory -- ZIP codes, phone directories, street lookups, etc
- Verizon Superpages.com
- Switchboard -- a free phone directory listing residential and business numbers
- International White and Yellow Pages
- College and University Homepages
- U.S. News and World Report College and Graduate School Rankings
- College and University Rankings
- Citing the Internet and Avoiding Plagiarism:
- Online! Citation Styles
- Style Manuals and Writing Guides (University Library, California State Los Angeles)
- Sources: Their Use and Acknowledgement -- from Dartmouth College
- Clark University's Academic Integrity Policy
- Plagiarism -- Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Tips on Conducting a Literature Review
- U.S. Patents -- search the entire U.S. Patent database from 1971 to the present (Courtesy of Delphion Research) Free Registration required.
- Oanda.com: The Currency Converter
- Colleges of Worcester Consortium -- includes Master Course List and Shuttle Schedule
- PubList.com -- comprehensive directory of information about more than 150,000 publications and more than 8000 newspapers around the world.
- Scholarly Societies Project -- access to over 1,2000 international academic and scholarly societies.