Internet Reference Sources
Ready Reference Sources: Phonebooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, MLA and APA guides, currency converter, and other sources.
Business, Financial, and Stock Information
Access to these resources is restricted to the Clark University domain (140.232.*.*). Clark faculty, staff, and students with domain accounts may access these databases remotely.
- General Business: CredoReference: Business Dictionaries
- Company Directories: Hoover's Academic Online
- Mergent Online: Business and financial information for over 23,000 U.S. and international companies.
- Hoover's FirstResearch: Industry analyses
- Mergent/Moody's Manuals Archive: Company information going back to 1909.
- CNNMoney the financial network
Public Companies Information
- Thomas Register of Manufacturers -- requires registration
Government Business Data
- Export.Gov -- the U.S. Government Export Portal : contain information on the business and economic situation of foreign countries and the political climate as it affects U.S. business (free registration required for access to some data)..
- FRED II - Federal Reserve Economic Data
- County Business Patterns (U.S. Bureau of the Census)
- Current Industrial Reports -- from the Census Bureau
- Consumer Expenditure Survey -- information about consumer spending in the U.S.
- Oanda.com: The Currency Converter