Bienvenidos al estudio del español en la Universidad de Clark. As a Spanish major in Clark's Department of Language, Literature and Culture, you’ll master the language, explore the cultures behind it and use your cultural and linguistic skills as you interact with millions of native speakers around the world. As the most chosen language to study by Clark students, Spanish majors combine classroom studies with service-learning opportunities in the Worcester community and, through study abroad, learn to think critically about and experience how language influences the cultures that share it.
Why Study Spanish at Clark?
- Study Spanish in an innovative teaching environment with professors who are native speakers or completely bilingual. By the time you complete your studies, you’ll be prepared to live and work in a Spanish-speaking country.
- Learn from faculty members who are active in their research and reflect their intellectual interests in courses on Puerto Rican identity politics, Hispanic sexualities, and Eros and violence in the Hispanic world, just to name a few.
- Explore a rich choice of Spanish-speaking countries, like Argentina, Chile, the Dominican Republic, and Spain, through a study abroad requirement.
- Engage with Worcester’s culturally active Hispanic community by volunteering during a community-based-learning course, watching films at the local Latino Film Festival, or interacting with Hispanic political activists.
- Study Spanish exclusively or combine your study with another language, or another field of study.