Returning home after study abroad offers a number of opportunities to build upon and reflect on your experience, as well as challenges of re-adjusting to life in the U.S. The Study Abroad Office hosts events and programs listed below throughout the academic year.
Study Abroad Program Evaluations are a critical source of information and are used, in part, to update and improve program components. Your comments provide an important resource for prospective study abroad students as they search for a program. All returned students received an email from Abroad101 inviting you to register and submit your comments about your experiences abroad. Returned Clark study abroad students are required to register and to complete this evaluation to the best of your ability. If you have not already registered, to do so please go to www.abroad101.com and click on "Students." We truly value your participation.
Every Fall, we host a photo contest to celebrate your experiences and creativity abroad. Please try to submit pictures which depict the livelihood of the people around you, including friends, adults, host families, students and even yourself!
Here are the submission details:
- Limit 3 submissions per person (We would like you to send us lots of photos, but please tell us which 3 you would like to submit for the contest.)
- Send a small-sized JPEG file to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us the link to your online photo sharing site.
- Submit your photos to email@example.com by the first day of fall classes!
- You must also submit a completed program evaluation (see above) before your photo can be accepted for submission.
- Winners will be announced during the Returned Student Celebration (see below - date and time TBA).
Celebration of Education Abroad
At the beginning of each semester we hold a gathering for returned students to connect, reflect and celebrate their achievements abroad. This celebration is designed to help you build upon your cross-cultural skills and process your experiences in a constructive way. Refreshments are provided. Date and time for the celebration for returning students from spring 2010 will be announced shortly.
Study Abroad Ambassadors
Study Abroad Student Ambassadors are returned Clark students who serve as peer leaders/advisors for all returned students. They help lead events, workshops and informal gatherings, as well as help connect returned students together.