Supervisor: Gregg Janda, x7191
The custodians are responsible for the general cleaning of the academic and administrative buildings on campus as well as the residence halls, and the grounds around those buildings.
The following duties are generally performed by the Custodians on a daily basis:
- Empty trash cans in offices, classrooms, and academic/administrative common areas, residence halls and houses
- Dust accessible furniture
- Sweep floors, mop spills or stains on floors as needed
- Clean bathrooms and restock paper products.
The following duties are performed by the Custodians at least once a week (more often if needed or requested)
- Vacuum carpets
The following duties are performed by Custodians at least yearly (more often if needed or requested):
- Strip and wax all tile common area and classroom floors
- Shampoo carpets in common areas
- Upon request, tiles office floors can be stripped and waxed and carpeted office floors can be shampooed. The cleaning time will be coordinated with the requestor
The Custodians are located inside of the Physical Plant building, which is located at 24 Charlotte Street. The custodians are divided into three shifts: first shift works Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm, the second shift works Monday through Friday from 2:30pm to 11:00pm, and the third shift works Sunday through Thursday from 11:00pm to 7:30am. The custodians can be reached through the Physical Plant department at extension 7566.
The custodial department is making valid efforts on going green. They have been purchasing green products and equipment to better the Clark University environment.