Academic Technology Services
In support of Clark University faculty and student research collaborations, Information Technology Services provides large format poster printing services for documented student- faculty collaborative research projects and presentations such as Fall Fest and Academic Spree Day.
Read the following guidelines carefully. When you are ready to proceed, use the link at the bottom of the page.
If after reading the guidelines, you still have questions, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for answers. If you've read this page and still need help or have trouble with the request form, please contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance.
Please follow these guidelines carefully...
- Download and read the Poster Design Guidelines »
- Download Common Poster PPT Templates »
- Check pricing for poster printing here.
- Posters can be printed on either 36 or 42 inch wide paper.
- Backgrounds, large photos and significantly large areas of solid color or grayscale are generally not advised. In posters with graphics/text/ backgrounds that exceed approximately 30% ink coverage an ink surcharge may apply. Ink surcharges generally start at $5.00 and are calculated based on coverage and poster size. Please don't hesitate to contact an Academic Technologist if you would like specific information about how ink surcharges might apply to your poster.
- If photo graphics are used, utilize JPEG images instead of BMP. This will keep your poster file size small and it will print faster. The image quality does not suffer. PowerPoint images must be either JPEG or GIF format.
- Account for 1 inch margin on all sides of your poster.
- The ideal poster file size is under 5 MB.
- Make sure you put your username at the beginning of your poster-file name.
- Submit your file for printing via the online Printing Request Form. Allow as much lead time as possible; posters are printed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If, for any reason, we are not able to print the file you submit, we will contact you as quickly as possible to let you know.
- ITS strongly advises you to print out a proofing copy of your poster at 8.5" x 11" before submitting the file to us (in Print, you can "scale to fit the paper"). This will help you to identify problems before a large-format print error occurs. You may find layout issues, typos, etc. in printing that you don't see on the screen.
- We are not a full-service professional print shop. If you require very large (long) posters (> 54 inches), professional imaging, color separation or poster printing from other applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), you may be better served by Curry Printing or an off-site vendor.
We reserve the right to refuse requests that do not follow these guidelines.
Still have questions? Go to the Frequently Asked Questions page.