November 14th: Late Stay Request and Early Arrival Request forms open
November 22nd-24th: Thanksgiving Recess (halls remain open)
December 5th: Late Stay Request form closes
December 11th: Last Day of Classes
December 14th-15th and 18th-19th: Final Exams
December 20th: Residence Halls Close at 12:00pm
January 3rd: Early Arrival Request form closes
January 15th: Residence Halls Open at 9:00am
RA & PA Selection - Fall 2018
Late stay requests
Any students who would like to apply to stay past Wednesday, December 20th at 12:00pm must fill out the 2017-2018 Winter HSG Late Stay Request form which is located in your Housing and Dining Self-Service. This form will be open from November 14th-December 5th. You will receive an email from ResLife either approving or denying your request. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students can request to stay until Friday, December 22nd at noon.
Early arrival requests
In addition, any students who would like to apply to arrive back to campus before Monday, January 15th at 9:00am must fill out the 2017-2018 Winter HSG Early Arrival Request form, which is located in your Housing and Dining Self-Service. This form will be open from November 14th-January 3rd. You will receive an email from ResLife either approving or denying your request. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students can request to arrive as early as Friday, January 12th at 10:00am.
** International students and students who live more than 500 miles away from campus are eligible to receive one day of the late stay/early arrival fee waived. These students must complete the corresponding Request form and be approved in order to stay late or arrive early. **
Requests and costs
Approved late stay or early arrival request
$25 per day
After the submission deadline for late stay or early arrival request
Daily rate + $50 Fee
Students who arrive on campus unannounced requesting their key
Daily rate + $100 Fee
Students found in the halls without permission
Daily rate + $150 Fee
Cost for staying over the entire break
Closing procedures and policies
22 hour quiet hours
Beginning December 11th at 9:00pm, 22 hour quiet hours are in effect. Quiet hours are in effect all day except from 7:00-9:00pm. During this 2-hour break, you will still need to be respectful of your peers. If folks in your hallways and building ask that you quiet down, you will be expected to honor those requests.
Check out procedures
- You are required to depart campus no more than 24 hours after your last final exam. All students must depart by Wednesday, December 20th at 12:00pm. If you are found in your room and do not have approval you will be fined $150.
- If you need to stay beyond Wednesday, December 20th at 12:00pm you will be required to complete a Late Stay Request application. These applications can be found on the Housing Portal under the My Service tab. Late Stay Request Applications are due by December 5th. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students may request to stay up to 2 days late or for the entire break.
- RAs will be going through all the rooms to complete Winter Health & Safety Inspections once the building is closed. If any illegal or prohibited items are found in your room, they will be confiscated. We encourage you to make sure you take home any and everything that is not allowed that you may be in possession of, and be sure to leave it at home when you return in January. You are responsible for making sure the following is completed prior to your departure:
- Move all furniture and belongings away from the radiator/heat
- Make sure all radiator valves are fully open
- Close and lock ALL windows! It saves energy, and prevents unwanted guests from getting in. If you are unable to close/lock your window, please contact physical plant.
- Put down shades or close curtains.
- Remove all perishable food!
- Prohibited items (i.e. candles, toasters, lava lamps, etc.) that are found at closing will be confiscated and room owners will be documented.
- Remove all trash from your room.
- If you have a pet fish, please take it home.
- Disconnect all plugs from wall sockets.
- Defrost your refrigerator. Remove/discard perishable food, unplug, and leave the door open (to prevent mildew and mold). Rooms/suites left with a refrigerator running will be charged a $25 energy fee. (Clark provided refrigerators in apartments may be left running).
- Turn off all the lights.
- Close and lock the door.
- Residence Halls reopen on Monday, January 15th, 2018 at 9:00am. If you need to return early for any reason, you must complete an Early Arrival Request Application no later than January 3rd, 2018. Any applications received after that date may be denied, or will incur a late fee if approved. Students may request to return up to 3 days early.
Not returning to housing in Spring 2018
- Email your Hall Director informing them that you will not be returning to housing for the Spring 2018 semester
- Move out all belongings and clean your room
- Return keys by Wednesday, December 20th at 12:00pm to the Residential Life & Housing office on the 1st floor of the Corner House