RA Application Process
- Complete Application: Submit your application with resume attached and ensure your references submit the recommendation form by 5:00PM on Thursday, January 31st, 2013 (incomplete or late applications will disqualify a candidate from continuing in the selection process).
- Attend Group Process: Group Process is a half day session on Saturday, February 2, 2013 from 10:00AM to Noon or 1:00PM to 3:00PM in which RA candidates are observed interacting with each other in a group setting. Group process helps facilitators to become better acquainted with the RA candidates. Groups consist of approximately seven to ten candidates. The observers will be Residence Life staff members who have been trained in what to observe. The Group Process exercises are a required component of the application process. They often tend to be the most enjoyable component. Upon handing in your application, you will be given a time and location for Group Process. Please dress presentably, but comfortably, for the Group Process; there is no need to wear traditional interview clothes.
- Schedule an Interview: If you are selected to continue as a candidate after Group Process, you will be contacted via email by Wednesday, February 6th and instructed to schedule an individual interview by Friday, February 8th at Noon. At the beginning of your interview, you will be asked to present for 2-3 minutes on a creative component using the guidelines below. Your individual interview will be conducted by two RLH professional staff members and a current RA. Professional attire is strongly encouraged.
In the electronic application, you will be required to upload an up-to-date copy of your resume outlining any educational and employment experiences you have had. Assistance in creating and updating a resume can be obtained from Career Services: clarku.edu/career or call 508-793-7258.
You must list two individuals who can attest to your involvement in the Clark community and/or your performance as an employee (such as a past or current supervisor, administrator, coach, adviser, etc.). When you submit your application, your references will be emailed with a link to the on-line recommendation form. Please note that your references' responses on the recommendation are confidential.
It is highly advised that you notify your references about your application for the RA position and intent to use them as references before submitting the application. Be sure to give them enough time to complete the recommendation form which is also due at 5pm on Thursday, January 31, 2013.
This piece of the interview process provides candidates with the opportunity to express their abilities and interest in the RA position in a creative manner. The candidate will have no more than three (3) minutes to display and explain their project at the beginning of their individual interview and respond to questions from the interviewers.You are encouraged to be creative and think outside of the box. Examples of this project could be a poem, photo collage, painting, drawing, essay, sculpture, etc.; so long as it fits the stated guidelines:
- You must use your own resources. RLH will not provide materials and you are encouraged to create something that will incur little to no cost to you.
- Your presentation should answer the following questions:
- What is one experience of being a student/living on campus at Clark University that has made the greatest impact on you?
- Why did you choose this particular experience?
- How would you share this experience with your residents if you were hired as an RA?
RLH will scan or take a picture of your presentation to be included in your candidate file. You will be able to keep your creation.