RA Application Process
- Complete Application: Submit your application with resume attached by 5:00PM on Thursday, January 28, 2016 (incomplete or late applications will disqualify a candidate from continuing in the selection process).
- Ensure Recommendation Letter is Submitted: Recommendation letter must be submitted by February 2, 2016 to Jessica Looney at email@example.com directly from your reference.
- Attend Group Process: Group Process is a half-day session on Saturday, January 30th from 10AM to Noon or 1PM to 3PM in which RA candidates are observed interacting with each other in a group setting. Group process helps facilitators to become better acquainted with the RA candidates. Groups consist of approximately seven to ten candidates. The observers will be Residence Life staff members who have been trained in what to observe. The Group Process exercises are a required component of the application process. They often tend to be the most enjoyable component. You will be notified by 5pm on January 29, 2016 of which Group Process you have been assigned to. Please dress presentably, but comfortably, for Group Process; there is no need to wear traditional interview clothes.
- Schedule an Interview: If you are selected to continue as a candidate after Group Process, you will be contacted via email by February 4, 2016 and instructed to schedule an individual interview by Monday February 8, 2016 at 2pm. At the beginning of your interview, you will be asked to present for 2-3 minutes on a creative component using the guidelines below. Your individual interview will typically be conducted by two RLH professional staff members and a current RA. Professional attire is strongly encouraged. Interviews will be conducted February 8-10 and February 15-19.
In the electronic application, you will be required to upload an up-to-date copy of your resume outlining any educational and employment experiences you have had. Assistance in creating and updating a resume can be obtained from Career Services: clarku.edu/career or call 508-793-7258.
You must list one individual who can attest to your involvement in the Clark community and/or your performance as an employee (such as a past or current supervisor, administrator, coach, adviser, etc.) This individual should directly email Jessica Looney by February 2, 2016. Please note that your references' responses on the recommendation are confidential.
This piece of the interview process provides candidates with the opportunity to express their abilities and interest in the RA position in a creative manner. The candidate will have no more than three (3) minutes to display and explain their project at the beginning of their individual interview and respond to questions from the interviewers. You are encouraged to be creative and think outside of the box. Examples of this project could be a poem, photo collage, painting, drawing, essay, sculpture, etc.; so long as it fits the stated guidelines:
- You must use your own resources. RLH will not provide materials and you are encouraged to create something that will incur little to no cost to you.
- Your presentation should answer the following questions:
- What is one experience of being a student/living on campus at Clark University that has made the greatest impact on you?
- Why did you choose this particular experience?
- How would you share this experience with your residents if you were hired as an RA?
RLH will scan or take a picture of your presentation to be included in your candidate file. You will be able to keep your creation.