RLH distributes lottery numbers by "Lottery Group". Students earn their way into one of 10 different Lottery Groups depending on class year, credits, time on campus, etc. Lottery numbers will be run on or before Wednesday, April 9th, after the application deadline. Students who apply for lottery early get more bonus points and a better lottery number.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
Your Lottery Group is calculated by totaling the points earned based upon the following:
- Course Credits Earned to Date: Students receive 1 lottery credit per equivalent year of academic progress. Students with a normal course load earn 8 credits per year, so the Course Credits Earned point total is calculated by dividing the total number of course credits you have earned to date and dividing that number by 8.
- Years in Housing: Students receive 1 lottery credit per equivalent year of on-campus Clark housing. The Years in Housing credit total is calculated by dividing the total number of semesters you have lived in housing and dividing that number by 2.
- 2013 Summer Assignment List Bonus: Students who were automatically assigned by RLH following the 2013-2014 Housing Lottery have received a 2 credit bonus for their participation on the 2013 Summer Assignment List. Students who elect to be assigned to the 2014 Summer Assignment List BEFORE LOTTERY will be awarded 2 bonus credits in next year's (2015) Housing Lottery.
- Spring 2014 Return from Abroad Bonus: As a loyalty benefit, students who elect to return to Clark Housing after attending a FALL study abroad program are awarded 2 bonus credits in the Housing Lottery.
- Judicial Good Standing Bonus: Students currently in good judicial standing (are not actively on Disciplinary Probation) are awarded 1 bonus credit in the Housing Lottery.
- Academic Good Standing Bonus: Students currently in good academic standing (are not actively on Disciplinary Probation) are awarded 1 bonus credit in the Housing Lottery.
ABOUT LOTTERY GROUPS
After we add up all your lottery credits, your total credits assign you to a Lottery Group. Lottery Groups are assigned as follows:
- Lottery Group 1: 0-1.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 2: 2-2.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 3: 3-3.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 4: 4-4.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 5: 5-5.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 6: 6-6.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 7: 7-7.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 8: 8-8.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 9: 9-9.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 10: 10+ Credits
Lottery Numbers are generated within each Lottery Group one week prior to Housing Lottery. Lottery Group 10 receives the lowest (best) numbers, and numbers are randomly assigned within the other groups ending with the highest numbers being assigned to Lottery Group 1.