Opening and Closing of Residence Halls/Houses
For the 2014-2015 academic year, Residence Halls will:
- Open for incoming First Year students at 9:00AM on Thursday, August 21, 2014*.
- Open for incoming Transfer students at 9:00AM on Thursday, August 21, 2014*.
- Open for returning students at 9:00AM on Sunday, August 24, 2014.
- Remain open for Fall and Thanksgiving Breaks
- Close for Winter Break at 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, December 17, 2014
- Open for the Spring Semester at 9:00AM on Sunday, January 11, 2015
- Remain open for Spring Break
- Close for undergraduate students at 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Close for graduating seniors and graduate students at 12:00 Noon on Monday, May 18, 2015
* Incoming First Year and Transfer Students participating in pre-orientation programs may receive permission to arrive earlier.
Students who need to arrive before these openings or after these closings may request to extend their housing contract up to 72 hours early/late. The fees to do so are outlined in the Housing Contract and below:
- $25 per day if requested prior to 2 weeks before the opening/closing date
- $35 per day if requested prior to 1 week before the opening/closing date
- $50 per day if requested prior to 3 days before the opening/closing date
- $75 per day if requested prior to 2 days before the opening/closing date
- $100 per day if you arrive unnanounced
- $150 per day if you are found to be in the halls without permission
The following are a few hotels in the Worcester area that you may wish to contact if you need to return early or stay late, but are not interested in extending your contract or need to extend beyond 72 hours:
- Regency Suites (508) 753-3512
- Holiday Inn (508) 852-4000
- Baymont Suites (508) 832-7000
- Worcester Inn (508) 852-2800