Requesting a Room Change
The room change process offers students a couple of options for switching rooms. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please contact Kevin Forti, Director of Residential Life and Housing at (508) 793-7453 or via e-mail. There is a two week Housing Freeze at the beginning of each semester during which no room trades will be processed. After the freeze period ends, you may follow the following quidelines to change/trade rooms/roommates.
A student residing in Clark Housing will agree to trade rooms with another student who is also assigned to Clark housing.
- You need to fill out the "HOUSING ASSIGNMENT/ROOM CHANGE REQUEST" form available at the RLH
Office or online. Please fill out the form completely including all necessary signatures.
- Once this form has been completed, please return it to Kevin Forti for approval.
Kevin will arrange a date and time during RA duty hours (room change hours are 9pm-11pm) for you to complete the room trade. You will need to officially check-out of your room and check-in to your new room in order to complete this process.
- You will have 48 hours to complete the room trade. Your RA staff will submit your check-out RCC once the trade has been completed.
Moving from any space in Clark housing to a vacancy in Clark housing. PLEASE NOTE: The room change process for double rooms is on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive completed paperwork within 48hrs, we may offer the room vacancy to another resident. Completely empty rooms must be filled to be selected... for example to select an empty double room, two people must move into it.
- You will need to set up an appointment with your Area Coordinator (AC) to
talk about your room change plans. This meeting must take place in order to
be eligible for a room change.
- If a room change has been agreed upon, the Area Coordinator will provide
you with a room change form.
- You need to fill out the "ROOM CHANGE" form completely including all necessary signatures.
Students seeking a new room will have two options for locating a suitable new assignment:
- The RLH office will provide you with a vacancy list for you to use as your guide. You will go to the room or rooms that are of interest to you to meet with the current residents. Once you find a good match for yourself, indicate this space on the form and submit it to the RLH Office for approval.
- During your meeting with your AC, you may talk about suitable housing options for you to relocate to. The AC will assist in helping to find a roommate that fits your needs. Students may also set up a meeting with the Director of Residential Life and Housing in order to pursue viable vacancies.
Once you have located a space, please submit your completed form to the Director of Residential Life and Housing in the RLH Office who will coordinate the room change process. The AD will arrange a time during room change hours (9pm-11pm every night) for the building’s RA staff to assist you in the change. The AD will communicate all room change procedures in an e-mail sent to your Clark Accounts. Please follow the room change instructions outlined in the room change information e-mail completely.
Open Double Room Request
Limited open double rooms are available for students who wish to move with a
roommate. Open double rooms are held by the RLH Office and assigned at the
discretion of the RLH Staff. Open double rooms are also reserved for
emergency and administrative purposes. If you wish to move to an open
double space, you and your intended roommate will need to meet with Kevin Forti,
Director of Residential Life and Housing. You may schedule an
appointment with Kevin by calling at 508-793-7453.
Please note: Open double rooms will not be offered to single students, and vacancies in rooms with remaining students are not guaranteed to remain vacant. Those seeking a single room should ask to be placed on the single room waiting list.
Single Room Request (Limited)
- You will come to the RLH Office and ask to be placed on the single room waiting list.
- The RLH Office will notify you when singles are available.