Why Liberal Arts?
A Liberal Arts education is a terrific foundation for a career in a range of fields. Clark University is at the leading edge of applying liberal arts knowledge to the real world through its focus on effective practice.
Read these articles on the value of a Liberal Arts Education in the workplace:
- A Liberal Education: Preparation for Career Success
- For superstar employees hire critical thinkers
- Liberal Arts Degrees: An Asset At Some Companies
- Why the Liberal Arts needs the Sciences (and vice versa)
- Technical Training, Strategic Thinking, and Ne'er the Twain Shall Meet
Skills Employers Look for in New Hires
When it comes to a job seeker’s skills/qualities, employers are looking for people who can make decisions and solve problems, communicate effectively within and outside the organization, and obtain and process information, according to employers who responded to NACE’s Job Outlook 2014 Spring Update survey.
Employers who interview and hire new college graduates were asked to rank a job candidate’s desired skills and qualities. Employers rated nearly all the skills listed as very important. Only two were rated “somewhat important.”
Courtesy of the National Association of Colleges and Employers