- Continue exploring different majors.
- Register for classes each semester. Undeclared students will continue to meet with their FYI advisor to register.
- Take advantage of tutoring services
- Attend workshops organized by Academic Advancement.
- Students with a documented disability needing academic accommodations, contact Disability Services.
- Meet with Academic Advising concerning study skills, time management, and any other problems or issues.
- Build rapport with professors every semester.
- Improve your writing by making an appointment with the Writing Center.
- Begin to identify faculty with interests similar to your own.
- Contact faculty about assisting in their research.
- Meet with advisor for summer and/or fall registration and for off-campus summer course approval.
Involvement and Leadership Development
- Explore majors and careers.
- Attend career-related seminars on resume writing, interviewing, job search strategies, and many others. Check the LEEP Center weekly emails for events.
- Explore interests, abilities, and skills through seminars and academic courses.
- Visit the "How to guides" offered by Career Services.
- Explore part-time and summer work opportunities.
- Talk to people in careers of particular interest; inquire about daily activity.
- Ensure voice mail greeting and email address are professional.
- Review social networking sites and/or personal web pages for appropriate, professional content.
- Purchase professional business attire for future career events and/or interviews.
- Participate in an externship/job shadowing opportunity.
- Seek internships related to academic major.
- Search for on campus employment.
- Begin to build a professional network.
- Search out volunteer opportunities.
- Prepare a personal portfolio with examples of writings or projects.
- Update resume and add new jobs, activities, class projects, awards, etc.
- The first step, which is mandatory, to learning about Study Abroad is to attend a SA 101 Info Session. The dates can be found here.
Health and Wellness