How to Pay Your Tuition
Checks (personal, bank, and Travelers), MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club are acceptable forms of payment, and can only be submitted through CU Web. As of October 1, 2010, all credit card transactions will be charged a 2.75% service fee, which is a University policy. GSOM strongly recommends payment by ACH (electronic check) through CU Web to avoid additional fees and for convenience. Cash should be submitted directly to the Cashier's Office.
If a student has just opened up a local U.S. bank account, he/she can pay the tuition bill using a starter/temporary check. Students should write their name and local address on the top of the check.
Students may also wire funds through a Clark partnered company, peerTransfer Corporation (this is the recommended process for international students). By offering favorable conversion rates, peerTransfer enables you to save a significant amount of money on your payments to Clark. All of your student information is captured by peerTransfer, so when your payment is received it can be properly credited to your account in a timely manner. You can find the link to the peerTransfer solution by visiting http://clark.peertransfer.com.
This is how the process works:
• From the http://clark.peertransfer.com website, select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment amount in US dollars you wish to make to your student bill
• In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you. (There are some currencies that peerTransfer cannot support. If that is the case, you will be notified when you select your country and enter the dollar amount. You will then be advised to transfer US dollars to peerTransfer who will then send the funds to Clark.)
• After providing some additional basic information, you will submit the transaction and will be instructed via email on how to pay peerTransfer from your home country bank account.
• peerTransfer will then forward the full US dollar amount to Clark University where it will be directly credited to your student account.
• You will receive an email from peerTransfer to confirm receipt of payment
If you have any questions about the peerTransfer process, you can contact them at 1-617-207-7076 or email at email@example.com, or you can contact Amy Borges in GSOM Student Accounts at 508-793-7137 or by email: ABorges@clarku.edu.
Students who withdraw from a course before the end of the semester are entitled to a pro-rated percentage of their tuition depending on their date of withdrawal (Fees are not refundable). Refunds will be credited based on how the original form of payment was made (cash or check payments refunded by check; credit card payments will be refunded back to credit card).