Global Scholars Program for Undergraduates
The Global Scholars Program (GSP) builds on Clark University's long-standing commitment to providing a challenging education with a global focus. Successful candidates will be first-year applicants* who have the demonstrated potential to provide leadership in their community and the world and who are committed to making a difference.
High school students who are NOT permanent residents or citizens of the United States, as well as U.S. citizens/permanent residents who reside overseas and will complete their entire secondary school education outside the U.S. are eligible. Candidates should be outstanding students who are also deeply engaged in their school or local communities.
Students admitted to the Global Scholars Program will receive:
- A scholarship of no less than $15,000 ** ($60,000 for four years contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal);
- A guaranteed $2,500 taxable stipend for a paid internship or research assistantship taken for academic credit during the summer following the sophomore or junior year;
- A guaranteed place in the International Studies Stream;
- A supportive network of faculty, students, staff, alumni and peers;
- Participation in the Global Scholars Mentor Program, including a semi-annual dinner hosted by the President of Clark University. In addition to a faculty advisor, staff or alumni leadership mentors will support Global Scholars.
* Students transferring from another college or university are not eligible for the GSP.
** Applicants with financial need greater than the amount of the Global Scholars award may be eligible for additional need-based financial assistance. To be considered for this assistance, international applicants must submit the College Board PROFILE form by January 15 (more information). U.S. citizens must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and College Board PROFILE form by February 1 (more information) .
For More Information: To learn more about the Global Scholars Program or to see profiles of current Global Scholars at Clark please visit the Office of Intercultural Affairs.