Main South College Success Program
The Main South College Success Program provides in-school and out-of-school programs to build neighborhood students' college awareness, aspiration, and academic readiness, and to guide their transition to postsecondary education.
- structured visits to Clark by neighborhood elementary-school children;
- an integrated model of academic tutoring, college visits, and summer residency (similar to many Upward Bound models);
- student "shadowing" days at Clark;
- seminars on college preparation for juniors and seniors supported by Master-of-Arts-in -Teaching students and others;
- the development of college-like senior year courses;
- opportunities to take Clark classes; and
- parent-student information meetings.
The Main South College Success Program also provides opportunities for Clark undergraduates to gain instructional and mentoring experience, thus combining a commitment to the education of neighborhood youth with teacher recruitment and preparation.