Careers of Doctoral Recipients
Posts taken by graduates, ABDs or alums in 2014, Geography appointment if not otherwise stated
- Lauren Bonilla - Post-doc, Anthropology Dept., University College, London, UK
- Rob Krueger - Asst. Dean of Arts and Sciences at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI).
- Menzie McEachern - Director of Petroleum Resourses, Government of Northwest Territories (GNWT), Canada
- Ximena Rueda - Asst. Professor, School of Management, University De Los Andes, Bogata, Colombia.
- Seth Schindler - Lecturer, Human Geography, University of Sheffield, UK
- Elisabeth (Lisa) Stoddard - Asst. Professor, Social Science and Policy Studies at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
- James Thatcher - Asst. Professor, Urban Studies, University of Washington, Tacoma
- Luke Trusel was awared and accepted the position of Doherty Postdoctoral Scholar at Woods Hole Oceanographic Instritute to continue his research in cryosphere-climate linkages. He will begin the post in December 2014.
- Melanie Vanderhoof - ORISE Post-doc Fellow at the U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development
Posts taken by graduates, ABDs or alums in 2013, Geography appointnent if not otherwise stated
- Kirsten Barrett - Lecturer in Geography, University of Leicester, UK
- Gavin Bridge - Chair, Geography and the Energy Institute, University of Durham, UK and Editor of "Transactions: Of The Institute of British Geographers"
- Anna Cieslik - Asst. Professor, Tenure-Track, New Jersey City University
- Bardan Ghimire - Post-Doctoral Resarch Associate, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA
- Dan Haberly - Lecturer, School of Environment and Development, University of Sussex, UK
- Allison Hayes-Conroy - Asst. Professor, Tenure-Track, Temple University
- Rory Horner - Three-Year Lecturer in Globalization, Industry and Employment, Inst. for for Development Policy and Management, University of Manchester, UK
- Connie Johnston - Assistant Professor, University of Oregon
- William Kutz - Two-Year Visiting Lecturer in Human Geography, School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester, UK
- Mary Lawhon - Lecturer in Geography, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Hadelius Makene - position as a member of the National Environmental Management Council of Tanzania
- Stephen McCauley - Asst. Professor, Tenure-Track, WPI
- Neeti Neeti - Post-doc Research Associate, Boston University, Department of Earth and Environment
- Harvey Neo 07' - Became Editor of Geoforum in March 2013.
- Prajjwal Panday - Two-year Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Woods Hole Research Institute
- Rahul Rakshit - Technology Specialist, Environmental Services, ESRI
- Seth Schindler - Asst. Professor, Global Studies Program, Institute for Asian and African Studies, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Phil Steinberg - Professor, Unniversity of Durham, UK
- Jill Williams - One-year visiting Lecturer, University of Hawaii, Manoa
- Qingling Wu - One-year Lecturer, University College London, UK
- Post-Doc, Alice Cohen - Asst. Professor, Acadia University, Nova Scotia in Enviromental Science and Environmental Sustainability Studies
Posts taken by graduates, ABDs, or alums in 2012, Geography appointment if not otherwise stated
- Tim Hudson - Chancellor, Arkansas State University. Tim received his PhD from Clark in 1980.
- Daniel Weiner - Vice Provost for Global Affairs and Professor of Geography, University of Connecticut. Dan received his PhD in '87.
- Paul Robbins - Director of Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Paul received his PhD in '96.
- Waquar Ahmed - Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, University of North Texas
- Cynthia Adom -has accepted a position with Pearson Education (Higher Ed) as a Geography/Geology Content Lead/MasteringX
- Safaa Aldwaik - Head of GIS Solutions Dept, a ministry post, Ramallah, West Bank
- Zachary Christman - Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, Rowan University, NJ
- Ania Cieslik - Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, New Jersy City University
- Danielle Fontaine - Assistant Director, Center for Teaching Excellence, Suffolk University, Boston
- Susannah McCandless - International Program Director, Global Diversity Foundation
- Marco Millones - Two-Year Post-doc, GIS specialist, The College of William and Mary
- Neeti Neeti - post-doc Research Associate, Goddard Space Flight Center, Washington, DC
- Benoit Parmentier - has accepted a position as a Geospatial Analyst at the National Center for Ecological Analysis (NCEAS), University of California Santa Barbara.
- Rebecca Palmer Dickson- Senior Manager, Remote Sensing and Spatial Modeling for TerraCarbon and remains Research Assistant Professor, Wake Forest University.
- Dan Runfola has accepted a 2-year post doc at the Natl Center for Atmospheric Research/Colorado University Population Center based at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Florencia Sangermano has been awarded positions as Affiliate Research Scientist in the Graduate School of Geography and as Research Assistant Professor at Clark Labs by the Clark University Board of Trustees.
Post taken by graduates, ABDs, or Alums in 2011, Geography appointment if not otherwise stated
- Cynthia Adom - Visiting Assistant Professor, Northeastern University, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Waquar Ahmed - Assistant Professor, tenure-track, University of Hawaii, Manoa
- Ania Cieslik - A three-year post-doc position at the Globaldivercities project of the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity in Germany. This position is based in New York, and is affiliated with the CUNY Graduate Center at Hunter College
- Zachary Christman - 3-year Visiting Assistant Professor, Middlebury College, VT
- Deborah Che - Lecturer - School of Tourism & Hospitality Management, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Guoyi Han Research Fellow, China Cluster, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Roberta Hawkins - Assistant Professor, tenure-track position, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
- Mary Lawhon - Has a post doctoral research appointment with the African Centre for Cities at the University of Cape Town working on the project Alcohol Control, Poverty and Development in South Africa.
- Ying Li Managing Editor, International Journal of Disaster Risk Science, Beijing Normal University
- Elia Machado - Assistant Professor, tenure-track position, Dept of Environment, Geographic and Geological Sciences, CUNY Lehman College, NY
- Susannah McCandless - Adjunct Professor, University of Vermont
- Stephen McCauley - Postdoctoral position, Marsh Institute, Clark University
- Diana Ojeda - Assistant Professor, tenure-track position, Dept. of Cultural Studies Universidad Javeriana Bogata
- C. Hamil Pearsall - Assistant Professor, tenure-track position, Temple University
- Joseph Pierce - Assistant Professor, tenure-track position, Florida State University
- Mohan Seetharam - General Planner IV, Dept of Commerce Planning, American Samoa
- Ximena Rueda - Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford U, Dept of Environmental Earth System Science
Post Taken by graduates, ABDs, or Alums in 2010, Geography appointment if not otherwise stated
- Jacob Brenner - Assistant Professor, tenure-track, Ithaca College, Dept of Environmental Studies and Sciences
- Zachary Christman - Post-doc, Rutgers University
- WeiWei Dai - Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Allison Hayes-Conroy - Visiting Professor, Temple University
- Ziying Jiang - Assistant Professor, Ohio University
- Crystal Kolden-Assistant Research Professor, University of Idaho
- Zhe Li - Canada Centre for Remote Sensing, Ottawa, ON
- Stephen McCauley- Lecturer, Clark University
- Menzie McEachern - Director-Strategic Initiatives, Alberta Energy
- C. Hamil Pearsall- 3-year,Visiting Assistant Professor, Clark University, IDCE
- Lily Amelia Ray - Kawerak, Alaskan Native Non-Profit, social science investigator