Undergraduate Honors Theses, Awards and Publications
Undergraduate Theses: 2010-11
- Jeff Amari with advisor Meredith Neuman
- Leah Carvalho with advisor Louis Bastien
- Nathan Egan with advisor Jay Elliott
- Jeremy Foster with advisor Meredith Neuman
- Rachael Furman with advisor Jay Elliott
- Lee Gains with advisor Jay Elliott
- Natasha Ochshorn with advisor Sunhee Kim Gertz
- Johanna Rothenberge with advisor Louis Bastien
- Camilla Smith with advisor Esther Jones
Undergraduate Prizes: 2009-10
- Lee Gaines, University of East Anglia Exchange
- Julie Mitchell, University of East Anglia Exchange Program Scholarship, Spring 2007
- Angie woodmansee, Virginia Mason Vaughan Prize in
English for outstanding analytical honors thesis
- Emma Siemasko, Virginia Mason Vaughan Prize in English for
outstanding creative writing honors thesis
- Angie Woodmansee, Henry J. Leir Summer Research Scholarship Internship.
- Rachael Furman, William H. Carter, Jr. Prize in English Award
2010 English Department Prentiss Cheney Hoyt Poetry
- First Place: Daniel McDonald: "New York Haiku--Fall"
- Second Place: Elizabeth Decasse: "Neurovan"
- Third Place: Emma Siemasko: "Endings"
Undergraduates Publications: 2010
- Rachael Furman's article, "Communicating Control:
Performing and Voicing Authorial Power through the Female Body in
Dreaming in Cuban," was accepted for publication in Volume * of the
journal, Young Scholars in Writing and Rhetoric.