Apply to the Ph.D. Program
(Note: Information on this page pertains only to the Ph.D. program in BCMB. Clark undergraduates interested in the Accelerated B.A./Master's program should consult the Accelerated program pages. Students interested in the Biology or Chemistry Ph.D. programs should contact those departments directly.)
Completed applications for the BCMB program may be submitted online as well as supporting credentials (recommendations, resumes, writing samples, etc.).
The deadline for these applications is February 15. Applications will be reviewed by all BCMB faculty; offers of admission will be made by the Director of the BCMB program. The home department (Chemistry or Biology) will be that of the faculty mentor.
Applications are generally accepted for matriculation in August. Students wishing to matriculate in January should contact the Director of BCMB. Applications should generally be submitted six months before the proposed entry date.
Admission to Clark's graduate programs is open to holders of the bachelor's degree or its equivalent and is determined on a competitive basis.
• Clark Graduate School Application
• Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable), submitted with your online application
• Personal Statement: Please indicate your reasons for undertaking graduate study, research interests, and the faculty members whose research is of interest to you.
• Resume: Optional
• Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required to be submitted through the online application.
• TOEFL/IELTS Scores: Required of all international applicants. Please contact us if you believe you qualify for an exemption. For the TOEFL, students must score a minimum of at least 78 on the iBT (Reading: 15, Speaking: 16, Listening: 16, Writing: 17), a minimum of 620 on the paper-based test or minimum of 260 on the computer-based test. For the IELTS students must score a minimum of 6.5.
• TOEFL Code: 5969 (TOEFL Information)
IELTS Code: N/A (IELTS Information)
• GRE Scores: Required.
GRE Code: 3279 (GRE Information)
• Official Transcripts: Have your transcripts mailed directly from the institution to:
Graduate Admissions Office
950 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610
The application process
Once you are ready to begin your application to a graduate program at Clark:
1. Create an account on our online application portal.
2. Follow instructions within the portal to complete the application form for your specific program, including uploading additional credentials as required.
3. Pay your application fee.
4. Have any required test scores sent to Clark University Graduate Admissions, if necessary.
5. Monitor the status of your application via the online application portal to ensure all of your credentials were received and view your final decision.