Alumni and Student Engagement Center
Rising on Main Street just across from the main gates, the new Alumni and Student Engagement Center will be a signature building for Clark University: a cornerstone for our LEEP efforts, a place to welcome visiting alumni, friends and family, and the perpetuation and strengthening of our commitment to the Main South community. Its bold design and flexible use expresses Clark’s aspirations as a change-maker, and reaffirms our reputation as a leading institution of higher education.
The project will offer:
- A 35,000-square-foot, four-story building that will house the LEEP (Liberal Education and Effective Practice) Center. The building will give Clark’s pioneering model for liberal undergraduate education a centralized presence on campus, where students will collaborate with faculty, alumni and external partners to experience a rich mix of academic, world and workplace experiences.
- Spaces for alumni to reconnect with one another and re-engage with their alma mater in ways that will incorporate their passions, deploy their expertise, and drive change.
- A hub for panel discussions, lectures and other campus events that foster vigorous intellectual give-and-take and promote collective action.
- Green space that complements the city’s improvements to University Park and the upcoming Main South streetscape work that will enhance lighting and widen and beautify sidewalks.
- A prominent Main Street presence that serves as a gateway to a re-energized downtown.
Clark University has already received generous support from local foundations, alumni and friends who recognize the transformative potential of the project. We welcome your involvement to help raise the necessary resources for the Alumni and Student Engagement Center. To learn more about giving opportunities, please contact Ed Ottensmeyer, Interim Vice President for University Advancement, at 508-793-7569, or at email@example.com.